SWE, the Walloon Water Company: 10 € / m3

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Re: SWE, the Mafia Walloon Water Company: 10 € / m3

by Christophe » 09/05/16, 18:30

This is not the debate there: my neighbor, who consumes 10 times more than me, has exactly the same availability / service ... for a much lower quantity / price ratio ...

The price of water has roughly multiplied by 3 in 10 years: didn't we have the same availability service before?

How much do you pay in your corner and for how many m3?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/05/16, 20:10

about 20 years ago I was in financial difficulty, they cut me the water because I did not pay ... no problem the water falling from the sky is enough for me

now my financial situation is better but it doesn't change anything! there is enough water falling from the sky and I have enough tank to not run out of water

even qaund I do not take the time to keep everything clean enough to have drinking water collected by the roofs, I have tanks filled the previous year very clean! water purifies itself on its own when stored away from light and dust
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/05/16, 20:25

chatelot16 wrote:water purifies itself on its own when stored away from light and dust

Mmm all alone it can be a bit abusive (drink the water that has stagnated in one of your tanks for several months? I would have some fears anyway ...), so it must be protected from sources of bacteria (microalgae included) and heat ...

The concern is that rainwater, passing over roofs, will necessarily be more or less "contaminated" by dust, bacteria and other germs ... so be careful with drinking water ...

For other uses (even the shower after a little filtering) no major concerns I think ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/05/16, 20:44

currently I drink water which has been stored for 5 years in polypropylene tubs of 300 liters ... as long as there is an opaque cover above it keeps like water in the basement! a biofilm is formed on the walls, consumes all the organic matter and then only pure water remains!

my method of quality control of water, fill a bottle and leave it in front of a window ... tap water from someone who still has some quickly becomes green ... my tank water keeps as mineral water !

I do not prove that my rainwater is perfectly drinkable, but I am happy with it and I am doing well (I don't drink only pure water, I also put pastis in it)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/05/16, 21:25

chatelot16 wrote:(I don't just drink pure water, I also put pastis in it)

Ah well here is the secret of your drinking method :)

The Romans preferred to drink wine for the same reason : Cheesy:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/05/16, 00:22

when it does not rain for a long time there is dirt on the roofs ... so the water from the first rain is not good: I send it into the pool which serves as storage of low quality water ... when it rains for a few more days the roofs are rinsed and I plug into the drinking water tanks ... when the potable water tanks are full, I disconnect the pipes so as not to accumulate all the impurities. .. it is stupid to let new water come in with an overflow: it accumulates dirt

the water in a closed tank is purified on its own ... but if it is fed with new water it brings what it takes to support algae, bacteria

in a really closed tank the water does not stagnate it really purifies on condition of leaving a fairly clean state
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 10/05/16, 10:35

Christophe wrote:This is not the debate there: my neighbor, who consumes 10 times more than me, has exactly the same availability / service ... for a much lower price / quantity ratio ...
rather superior :?: : Oops:

The concern in this interpretation is precisely to focus on a quantity / price ratio.
When there is a fixed subscription, the best quantity / price ratio is obtained by leaving all taps open 24 hours a day : Twisted:

I know mountain communities that have an exactly opposite system: they do not have a meter and we pay a fixed amount per year, with the obligation to let the water run permanently in winter to avoid freezing of the pipes. . : Mrgreen:

Christophe wrote:How much do you pay in your corner and for how many m3?
It seems that we have the cheapest water in France ...
Subscription: € 47 per year.
Water: € 1,96 / m3
Sanitation: € 1,53 / m3

For 14 m3 it would be around 95 €, or 6 € 80 per m3, half of which by subscription ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/05/16, 10:41

Oops yes ... : Oops:

Gaston wrote:It seems that we have the cheapest water in France ...
Subscription: € 47 per year.
Water: € 1,96 / m3
Sanitation: € 1,53 / m3

For 14 m3 it would be around 95 €, or 6 € 80 per m3, half of which by subscription ...

Ah yes, 7 € per m3, it is also expensive too (it also doubled in 10 years so?), The difference in calculation compared to my billing is that your sanitation is, and it is logical, based on consumption ...

ps: interesting your example of the mountain communes, a source that still flows ...
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "