DIY Tips: improving a drill 1er price!

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Flytox

DIY Tips: improving a drill 1er price!

by Flytox » 19/06/12, 20:25

How to transform a big drill stub that wears out the forests before reaching the end of the hole into a drill that rivals the best on the market ...

The stew:

The modification:
Two pieces of scrap metal, 3 lead diving belts, a 6 mm diameter threaded rod with its nuts.

Mounted:

It's magic, it pierces super clean, in less than 2 and without gnawing the forest ..... like a professional Hilti ..... 8)
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 19/06/12, 20:37

You are revisiting the multi-angle column drill.

You just have to drill a hole while holding the coin in your fingers to understand that it sucks, and how a round forest makes a shabby oval hole.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 19/06/12, 21:34

It's a very good idea.
As the mass increases, stability is gained and vibrations are reduced.
Efficiency is increased.

The drill stand is super useful too. otherwise we have a cordless in one hand while the two-handed grip is better.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/06/12, 21:43

I do not understand ?

even with a small m .... worse than yours like 500w brico depot a 8euro ca pierces the steel without using the drill

not to use the drill you must not exceed the correct cutting speed: 4mm drill at bottom ... larger drill less quickly ... for the 13mm you need a fairly slow speed and the precious overheats so I often take out the drill hole and turn fully to operate ventilation

big defect of these drills, the percussion control button does not hold in place ... without adding something to block it it goes back all alone in percussion, which does not arrange the drills

with your counterweight you can no longer put your hand behind the drill to press in the axis ... and the counterweight does not help to drill horizontally!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/06/12, 21:56

chatelot16 wrote:I do not understand ?

even with a small m .... worse than yours like 500w brico depot a 8euro ca pierces the steel without using the drill

of course you must not exceed the correct cutting speed: 4mm drill at the bottom ... larger drill less quickly ... for the 13mm you need a fairly slow speed and the precious overheats so I often take the drill out of the hole and turns fully to operate ventilation

Not specified above :? , but it's for use in wall drilling, tiles etc ... not for metals or it works properly without the additional mass : Mrgreen:
On metals, the problem is that there is not enough torque and the 13 mm diameter drill is easily wedged (no reduction) as far as the variable speed drive is not a model of its kind ... as soon as you insist it smells hot / scorched :frown: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/06/12, 22:02

It could make error anyone who believes that a counterweight can improve the drilling of steel!

on your photo we see a concrete drill! there I understand better! adding weight increases the efficiency of the percussion system

but fortunately you do not have so much a stub as that: it has at least one aluminum case or you can fix this counterweight securely

with the real stews I'm talking about all plastic there is nothing we can do to improve the percussion

but beware of the side effect of your counterweight: the toothed plates which make the percussion will wear out even faster

the drills in aluminum casing have completely disappeared from the market due to the standard of electrical insulation, to avoid taking the juice when you pierce or you should not ... but oddly certain large model with aluminum gearbox are coming back
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/06/12, 22:04

chatelot16 wrote:
with your counterweight you can no longer put your hand behind the drill to press in the axis ... and the counterweight does not help to drill horizontally!

In percussion (wall), pressing harder even in the drilling axis does not improve much. The hand / arm is too "flexible". On the other hand, a very rigid mass increases the hammer / percussion effect tenfold. The difference in drilling is spectacular. On the other hand, I have not made hundreds of holes with this system, and not if it shortens the life of the drill. : Cry: : Mrgreen:
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Christophe

by Christophe » 19/06/12, 22:26

Good idea that this kind of subject, I see many other subjects: "DIY stuff: idea X"

By cons I do not see why it is in sanitary? Because of the tiles?

(now that Dede is on "vacation", we'll be able to talk more calmly!)
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/06/12, 22:35

By "doing the tour", posts that seemed the most suitable, not really found the approach .... : Mrgreen:

Good idea that this kind of subject, I see many other subjects: "DIY stuff: idea X"

As soon as I have a moment, there is another in preparation for a lawn mower .... :P
Last edited by Flytox the 19 / 06 / 12, 22: 45, 1 edited once.
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Christophe

by Christophe » 19/06/12, 22:43

0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "