Spring arrester: need for clarification

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Spring arrester: need clarification

by Olivier22 » 24/06/22, 02:25

Thank you for your answers

Christophe wrote:I installed this model under my sink for more than 12 years, no worries...
0 maintenance, 0 purging necessary... only happiness!
Wow, that's reassuring! Afterwards, it's true that it seems to be good stuff. For my case, I was thinking of smaller things, like this:
But they are surely less effective, given their low volume... Bah, at the price it costs, I can always try.

Macro wrote:Frankly working in industry with water hammer arresters of all kinds (bladder, spring piston, gas piston) ... I can guarantee you that it necessarily breaks down after "a certain time" : Cheesy:
Hence my initial interest in empty pneumatic arresters! No breakdown possible, just a little purge from time to time. But it's bulky, and necessarily vertical, not easy to fit under the sink when it was not planned for.

Macro wrote:Personally I installed a pressure limiter
Pressure is also a subject; but we have a booster at the bottom of the building, so if the pressure is excessive, it must already be adjusted correctly. Then the accommodations on the lower floors could possibly be equipped with limiters, but I being on the top floor, it would be a bit absurd for me to need to put some too.
Currently the supercharger is a little strong, a priori. It's about to be resolved, the request has been made to the trustee

For the curious: we have widespread leak problems in all the apartments in all the buildings in the neighborhood where the plumbing was done by the same service provider during construction. The circuits burst one after the other, the quality of the copper would be in question... In any case, excess pressure and water hammer should not help matters, and at first it is easier to eliminate these risks than to redo everything.

Christophe wrote:Not everyone has 3 bars on tap...they would have done better to put 1.5 to 2 bars...
Too bad we can't tare the spring...
Yes, and it is already good that the minimum pressure is indicated. This is not the case for everyone.
However I saw a video of a guy dismantling a water hammer arrestor like the one pictured above, and apparently the spring wasn't preloaded that much. This would indicate operation from fairly low pressures.

sicetaitsimple wrote:We do not write 2 (or 3) bars, we write 2 (or 3) bars. Just as we write 2 or 3 m, if it is a length.
On the other hand, you can write two or three bars
For me it's simpler than that: in a sentence, you write everything in letters. No numbers or symbols.
So we write "three bars" when we write a text, and "3 bar" when we make a calculation or a list of technical data.
1 x
Christophe

Re: Spring arrester: need clarification

by Christophe » 24/06/22, 10:47

It seems to me that I paid around 15€ at the time...20€ max is far...

I see that it exceeds 30€ on the internet today...but my plumber has always had great prices!
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "