Showers? Not too much need!

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Showers? Not too much need!

by Christophe » 18/11/10, 18:55

As Gainsbourg said: only dirty people wash ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Depriving yourself of your daily shower, a great progress for humanity.

This is what the New York Times, the benchmark media in the country with two bathrooms minimum, is trying to swallow. As if the French needed this. While half of humanity does not have access to basic amenities, pretending that no longer washing is the latest chic, this is still going to pass the green for dark bosom privileged lessons.

On paper, the unwashed have understood everything

1 Not washing does not mean stinking

The survey on “unwashed” (which has not been washed), which has been talked about a lot until Europe, values ​​water-saving methods so as not to smell bad. Because it is not a question of embarrassing colleagues.

The manager of an organic cosmetic company explains that she does not take "more than three showers per week" and reveals her secrets so as never to become an olfactory nuisance:

* a blow of soap under the armpits, between the legs and under the feet;
* a lemon slice under the arm as a deodorant.

2 Too much washing is bad for the skin

The American daily newspaper quotes the book "The Dirt on Clean: An Unsanitized History", by Katherine Ashenburg, a popular plea in favor of "French" hygiene (that is to say to wash less).

The book rightly points out that the time when we all worked on the farm is over. It is one of the paradoxes of modern life to wash as much when you have never had so little need to do so.

And do not complain that you are more vulnerable to bacteria, or that your skin is too dry, or that you have more and more eczema. By dint of polishing it too much, the skin no longer plays its protective role, remind dermatologists.

3 Don't give in to the cosmetic industry lobby

If we wash as much, it is for the pleasure of using the shower gel which will make us look like this pretty blonde on TV… Cut the ad and the urge to shower will disappear, the everyday newspaper explains to us new York residents.

Green brands have also understood that water is the most precious global good for our survival and offer dry shampoos whose sales are exploding.

Yes, but in real life, does this beautiful speech take?

Suite and source: http://www.rue89.com/planete89/2010/11/ ... olo-175242
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 18/11/10, 19:32

What are you fighting for? :D

It may be true, but there is nothing to do: a good shower is the only thing that motivates me to pull my feathers. Then a good coffee and only then can I read my agenda. :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/11/10, 20:06

Washing too much is bad for the skin

It's not wrong and it's been over 4000 years since we knew it!

Olive oil soap (80%) from Aleppo (Syria) and which uses about 18% (or 25%, no more) of bay laurel oil, would not cause the "stress" that undergoes the skin with a shower gel, or any other method. Because the laurel would replace the natural protection removed by washing, and the skin would not have to row to reconstitute this natural defense (or in any case in a much softer way).

Genuine Aleppo soap is cosmetic perfection from a medical point of view, on condition that it is allowed to dry well between each use so that it does not become a wet "nest" (for example placed on small points such as bedbugs. three-point metal). Marseille soap has copied it without equaling it.

It's not Betencourt ... because "you are better" ^^...:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEyLpNzIaCY

This one is already good, but there is another one that does not use soda for the saponification process, but ash (which is even better, but difficult to find elsewhere than on site. .).
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/11/10, 21:10

3 showers a week ... yeah that must be my average. But it's mainly because of laziness : Mrgreen:
'damn I am bobo-ecolo without knowing it 8)
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 20/11/10, 12:55

Rather than doing little or no washing ..... it makes a lot more sense to have quick showers (30-45 seconds are more than enough) without using industrial cosmetics (all tested on animals in appalling conditions ), and for the brave to take it in cold water (energy saving) ... which will push you to go fast!

It is true that too much hygiene kills hygiene, studies have shown that children raised in too much hygienic conditions have weakened immune defenses, which is logical, the immune defenses function like muscles, without stimuli external, they diminish.

You will also notice that in recent years, the market for disposable antibacterial wipes has become very lucrative, increasing once again the amount of waste ...

Since the "episode" of influenza A, the hydro-alcoholic gel market has also been doing very well ... while the usefulness of such a product used daily is not useful, even harmful.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 21/11/10, 18:37

elephant said:

a good shower is the only thing that motivates me to pluck my feathers.

Ditto for me, impossible to wake up without a shower.
A good old Marseille soap is enough, no need for other cosmetics.
0 x