Siphon pumping documentation search

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Search for siphon pumping documentation

by oli 80 » 14/06/20, 21:49

Good evening, here is a system that just uses the force of water by suction and discharge
http://nxtwave.tripod.com/suctionpump/index.html

and at the time I found that water-pumping-filtration / pulser-pump-or-pump-geyser-t7948.html
it is also a system without valves or other moving parts, just air and water
0 x
fifidibosco
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fifidibosco » 15/06/20, 17:35

Hello oli80
me, what I'm trying to achieve is this:

Here there is no drop allowing evacuation as for the pulser pump.
If there is a possibility of unevenness, the simplest still seems to me a ram (which is, moreover, it seems to me, too, a pulse pot)
Fifi
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/06/20, 17:50

... a siphon can only function, by definition, if the level of the evacuation is below that of the collection. So it's a system that doesn't apply to the situation that fits your pattern.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 15/06/20, 17:52

Ahmed wrote:... a siphon can only function, by definition, if the level of the evacuation is below that of the collection. So it's a system that doesn't apply to the situation that fits your pattern.

Indeed it seems to me that "it cannot work" without the contribution of a pump, its thing.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/06/20, 18:13

Ahmed wrote:... a siphon can only function, by definition, if the level of the evacuation is below that of the collection. So it's a system that doesn't apply to the situation that fits your pattern.

Yes, it's nerd! Otherwise we would not have to "choke" (even "reasonably" on this forum!) about energy production.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/06/20, 18:18

Yeah, to raise water, you have to expend energy (or pray very hard? :P ); a siphon does not work miracles ...
0 x
fifidibosco
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fifidibosco » 15/06/20, 21:09

good evening everyone

again, this system I saw it working under the conditions described in the previous messages.
If the source was above the exit, they would have just made a laugh .... The people we see on these videos are not there to experiment or to launch hoaxes on the internet, they have something else to do, often just survive.
There is a lot of video on barrel pumps (in general Southeast Asia) where you can see the differences in levels.

Here the term siphon may be eroded. For a siphon to work, you have to empty the pipe of its air, which is clearly not the case here. I think it is more like a vacuum pump here. The outgoing water column creates a vacuum in the container which draws water from the supply side. Hence, certainly, the importance of the difference in volume between the two columns.

Raising water by depression is very well known:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgLm_PhvcZw
We all saw that in class.
there is even more known than that, it's simply the depression that you create in the straw when you drink your coke ... And you can do it with your feet on the ceiling, there is no need for stomach is below the Coke bottle.
(well I don't care, beer is not drunk with straw : Cheesy: )

fifi
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/06/20, 21:25

fifidibosco wrote:There is a lot of video on barrel pumps (in general Southeast Asia) where you can see the differences in levels.

The purpose of some comments (including mine) is not to discourage you, just to tell you that as you presented it on your diagram, it cannot work without an external energy supply.
On the first video that you posted, the outlet is clearly below the level of the water in the reserve, there indeed it can work.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 15/06/20, 21:33

Hi everybody,
for fifidibosco
here are two videos of a transparent model of this irrigation system, a Latin American

the other indonesian

and here is a channel that you already know I think https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Omiw ... WTw/videos
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/06/20, 22:18

The first video, it's okay, nothing surprising, but the diagram of the second is not consistent, unless there is a thermal alternation on the can located in the upper part ...
0 x