Finding solutions for pumping water without EDF

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
devlie
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Finding solutions for pumping water without EDF

by devlie » 26/02/13, 13:17

Hello,

My name is devlie, I have a garden in Picardy with a watercourse below. And a small tunnel greenhouse (home-made) for my tomatoes with plastic bottle doors.

I practice mulching and the BRF excessively, but I still have a little watering to do. So I am looking for a solution to pump water from the ru without consuming billed energy (EDF).

I have already read your forum and found the pump belier (but not about enough water upstream and too downstream), and fluidine (but not enough sun).

I just saw a video about a natural water heater via a pile of compost, and there I say to myself: there is something to do to turn this hot water plant into a water pump.

That's why I join you: collect your opinions and keep you informed of my experiments

Ah yes, for the little funny ones, I have already tried the "watering cans" mode to manually water my garden, but I exhausted my husband and he no longer works in this mode. : Cheesy:

see you soon

ALTITUDE-of-my-garden-pic731.jpg.png
garden-my-pic731.jpg.png (11.2 KIO) Viewed 4968 times
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 26/02/13, 13:59

Welcome to Devlie Ecology!

Our pro of ram pumps Oli will surely answer you better but in the meantime I do not understand what you mean here "not enough water level upstream and too downstream" because if there is enough difference in level in total you should be able to tap a ram right?
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
devlie
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by devlie » 26/02/13, 14:10

the ru in question is only a few centimeters deep and if I had to set up a restraint, I would have to remove it every day so as not to have problems with the neighbors.
it was upstream. For the downstream: I have to raise the water to more than two meters high compared to the level of the ru.

I hope it's clearer
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 26/02/13, 14:26

Ok I see!

But you know that a small electric pump consumes very little and sells solar panel / battery / pump kits all ready which is less complicated than converting the energy of the compost pile.

What video are you talking about?
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/02/13, 16:01

what prevents to understand is that downstream, it is down! the stream continues to descend

at the top where you must sent the pumped water does not deserve the name downstream

in any case it is almost clear that the stream does not give enough energy to pump, either by a rake or a wheel or a turbine

you have to say how much water you need ... a small pump, a photovoltaic panel and a tank is a solution

a wind turbine is another solution
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 26/02/13, 16:41

+1

You do not need a battery, or a very small one for the peak pump starting current. It's easier to store the water, at the top of the ground if it is sloping, so you'll have pressure in your garden hose without having to pump twice.

It requires a solar panel, a pump, a water tank, and a contact to shut off the pump when the tank is full.

There should also be a system to start the pump only when there is enough sun to get enough current. If she gets stuck, she will heat up.

Draw a picture with the slopes.
0 x
devlie
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by devlie » 26/02/13, 17:34

thank you for all these tracks. Sorry for the upstream / downstream reversal.

I had thought about solar, but this solution was discouraged because of its cost.
for the video on the compost / water heater, I put you the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSIMqWCTS1Q
if the link does not work go to Youtube and tap project Jean Pain.

I'm trying to put you the drawing with the slopes as soon as possible
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/02/13, 18:32

we must see the whole question of energy

pumping water from a small watering on 2m is a weak enough energy ... well you would have to tell us how much water a day it takes?

photovoltaics are expensive and it is better to use it at 100% so put it where we are on to consume everything it produces
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/02/13, 19:23

No way to capture upstream, at an altitude higher than the top of the garden, with a pipe that runs along the stream (even if the pipe goes down initially, along the stream, to go up to your garden, by effect of "communicating vessels", it will flow in your home as soon as the latitude of the outlet of the pipe is lower than the altitude of the water intake!) ...?

Unless, of course, an upstream neighbor opposes it!
0 x
devlie
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by devlie » 26/02/13, 19:43

the quantity of water per day is about 20 watering cans 12 liters 240 l except when it rains (we are in Picardy lol).

to be able to pick up at a place higher than my garden, it would take at least 200m and for the neighbors will oppose it,

I'm trying to put you a plan
0 x