fuel tank reuse of rainwater collector?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 22/05/09, 12:11

hello christophe
electrolite is water.
the system fct permance by impulse cycles.
several electrodes are required depending on the volume.
it consumes almost nothing.
just an annual electrode check.
most steel water heaters are fitted with this (it is the small LED that flashes on the front)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/09, 12:21

Ah it works with tap water? I thought you needed (at least) demineralized or distilled water? Ah I must confuse with anodizing ...

Uh I'm not sure what you say about the water heaters: there are "destructive" electrodes which corrode before (therefore instead) of the balloon but that does not mean that electrolysis is constantly happening ... at least not "controlled electrolysis" with the electrolyte which is constantly renewed, that would be very difficult!

The LED surely measures what should remain of the electrode ...

With us (1979 balloon!), No LED obviously but 2 "big" magnesium electrodes (I think) ... next year I will check them ...
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 30/05/09, 09:03

Hello Christophe

at work we have 1000 mcubes of raw steel tanks for process water (we consume around 120 m³ / h) they are protected by this system with around ten electrodes. They are 40 years old and are in perfect condition (checked every year).
the water they contain comes directly from the river without any treatment (filtration and treatment comes after)

I confirm that the cathodic protection works exactly on the same principle as the hot water tanks of individuals.
the electrode is made of magnesium (or almost wear-free titanium)
it is a battery system, it is the cathode which degrades but not the anode (tank). the currents involved are of the order of a few micro-amperes.

http://energie.wallonie.be/energieplus/ ... ockage.htm
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 30/05/09, 09:16

there are also systems without a generator.
the electrode is connected to earth. the potential difference between earth and water creates the current necessary for the reaction.
in this case you can control the electrode without dismantling it is enough to disconnect the ground wire which goes to the electrode and to put a micro ammeter in series between the ground and the electrode. if the current is less than 5 mmA then the electrode is hs

a hot water tank is a micro battery.

this pile effect is also found on the piping connection if the metal fittings are different, this is why now we mount dielectric fittings (insulator)
0 x
Docler
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Docler » 19/06/09, 14:58

Hello,

I had my old oil tank transformed this spring by a specialized company in my region. I specify that this tank is more than 30 years old.
As there was still an oil bottom with the deposits at the bottom, the company started by pumping the oil, then going down through the manhole carried out a manual cleaning with wiping with sawdust.
Then the company fully sanded the tank and then applied a two-component epoxy resin coating over the entire surface of the tank.

Price side: Sandblasting + resin application: 560 euros HT (VAT at 5,5) for a buried tank of 6000 liters.
This price is in addition to the emptying and cleaning of the tank which was compulsory before any neutralization.
I think that removing the tank or filling it with concrete would have cost me as much.
I have no hindsight because I have not yet put it in water. I didn't have time to take care of the connection and the pump. It will come during my holidays.

The company that did this work for me also does it regularly for tanks where the fuel oil will continue to be stored. the difference: in this case it presses a glass cloth in the resin and the total thickness of this new coating must be 4 mm for the tank to comply with the standards in force. The price is obviously more important.
Here is a photo of the interior of the tank after sandblasting but before the epoxy coating.

So much for my experience.

cordially
0 x