Recovery of greywater

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 02/12/07, 19:00

I also think of recovering the water from the washing machine because we only wash with soapnuts
If you plan to use it for the wc, it's a bad idea, because there are lots of impurities in this water, I'm talking about sand, and other residues in large numbers, which will make your flush will be more waterproof, unless you go through a settling tank.
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 03/12/07, 09:22

can a filter also do the trick?
not enough space for the pool.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 03/12/07, 09:47

sand filter + storage tank which acts as decantation, and no worries!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 03/12/07, 10:48

jonule wrote:sand filter + storage tank which acts as decantation, and no worries!

Not too fine, the sand
The only thing I filtered with sand was synthetic car oil (at a research center)
So, to filter water, I don't know the particle size.
I suppose that it is necessary to envisage the possibility of passing the water in the opposite direction, to clean the sand from time to time. :?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 03/12/07, 12:10

pay attention to the risk of pollution;
there are commercial sand filters,
otherwise river sand must suffice.

to make filters from sand and carbon (and powdered shell for heavy metals):
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/eau/r%E9cup%20%E9puration.html
0 x
tinkerer
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Recovery of greywater

by tinkerer » 10/01/08, 19:56

Hello
for the recovery filter why not just use a tissue, just place the tissue before the container and voila, we collect the large deposit, and a cloth is easy to find.
a+
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/01/08, 10:08

itssu rots and does not filter as much as sand, known to filter, easy to install.

how to make activated charcoal: make an embers fire, pour water in it to extinguish suddenly.
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 11/01/08, 10:28

Bonjour,

hola hola ... Jonule ... I think you are going a bit quickly into consideration there !!

the preparation, implementation / installation and maintenance of the sand in a filter is not so easy if you want it to be clean and efficient ... !!

but also ... should not confuse "activated carbon" and simple extinguished embers .. !!!
extinguished embers are not charcoal ... and charcoal is not "activated" as is "activated" charcoal !!

there is a specific industrial manufacturing process in 2 stages (high T ° calcination + activation) for activated carbon ..., it is not done in your household barbecue !! : Shock:

cordially : Wink:
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/01/08, 11:51

"
the structure of activated carbon is close to that of graphite. It takes the form of a stack of successive planar layers of carbon atoms ordered in regular hexagons. The specific surface is the essential characteristic to allow the adsorption of solutes. The size of the bacteria does not allow them to penetrate inside the carbon. They develop on the surface and form a biofilm.
activated carbon is obtained after several operations (pyrolysis = decomposition by heat and gentle oxidation) which make it more porous. The porous structure significantly increases the surface area for exchange with water. It then appears as a powder or very light grains. The very high porosity of activated carbon, of the order of 500 to 1500 m² per gram of carbon, gives it great absorption power.

Activated carbon is therefore a carbon which has undergone fairly extensive physicochemical process and which is difficult to implement by itself. So I do not think it is feasible in manufacturing be even (which justifies its taken elsewhere!). In addition, it is often used in combination with chemical processes such as ozonation ...

marc
"

"
In fact, the charcoal of certain woods is naturally active. The activity is increased by increasing the porosity.
Birch, poplar wood is active after calcination.
Denser woods must be partially oxidized to increase their porosity.
It is estimated that the activity is a function of the specific surface,
"
> a surveyor friend gave me the tip, I will ask him again!

otherwise I send you back to my page:

Water filtration (cartridge system):
To obtain clear water: let it sit so that it naturally settles the larger (heavier) sediments for 12 hours, then pour it through a clean cotton cloth which will filter the finer sediments. for even finer sediments, use sand, then coal.

Here is how to make a sand / carbon filter, like the filter cartridges of the comemrce:
> Take 2 large receptacles and fill 1 with sand: you must wash it at least 5 or 6 times to be sure of its cleanliness. To wash the sand, put it in a large basin, fill it with water and stir the sand in the water with your hands. Discard the water and start over with new water. Do this operation at least 5 times.
> Here is how to get activated charcoal from the trade: only use good charcoal that has been well burned and does not contain unburned pieces of wood, crush it well.
> Take the other container, drill it at the bottom with holes neither too big nor too small, the sand must not escape there, if necessary lay out a cloth.
> Pour in 5 cm of sand, then 8 cm of charcoal, then cover with sand.
This filter must be cleaned before its first use: the first filtration is carbon black

Maintenance: The charcoal should be replaced approximately every two weeks. The polluting elements gradually contaminate the coal which, after a certain time can no longer retain them and lets them pass through. If the water you are using is very dirty, you will need to skim it regularly and perhaps change the top layer of sand every 2 days. If your filter becomes clogged (the water no longer flows below), you will need to change the two layers of sand as well as that of carbon.

> Sand is a filter element used to remove particles suspended in water. By doing this, it limits the possibility of viruses proliferation since they - unlike bacteria - are not autonomous organisms. The sand also removes iron, manganese and ammonium.
> clay as a mechanical filter is also very effective. If used raw, it can neutralize certain elements and facilitate flocculation (see definitions, below). Cooked, it retains particles on the surface and allows water to pass through. There are ceramic filters that can be arranged as a filter cartridge.
> Coal is indeed the most powerful natural poison pump (1cm3 represents 1km² of contact surface). It can absorb up to 178 times its volume in ammonia, it neutralizes anesthetic gases (masks in army NBC outfits contain it), chlorine, ozone, permanganate, agricultural chemicals, heavy metals , detergents, venoms, certain viruses and
recently, there have been effects on chemotherapy treatments. On the other hand, it is so adsorbent that it can inhibit oral contraceptives as well as certain drugs. In filters or for internal use, active carbon is used, which is vegetable carbon recalcined at the same temperatures in the presence of water vapor, air or oxidizing gas, which further increases its contact surface. But very good vegetable charcoal (hardwood, holm oak, coconut) is also very effective.
> Diatomites are siliceous rocks of organic origin (insect fossils) very effective as a filter, but must be changed periodically. Seashells recalcify rainwater and bind heavy metals.

source:
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/eau/eau.pdf

otherwise my page on the purification of gray water:

http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/eau/r%E9cup%20%E9puration.html

after, clean and effective are 2 terms whose limits must be assessed: for toilets no need for filtration, on the other hand yes for shower and bath.

for sand, we are talking about individual sanitation by sand filter ;-)
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 11/01/08, 13:53

zouzou75 wrote:Well, after if someone pulls out a serious link that will show me that shower water passing 24 to 48 hours in a tank can give birth to an explosive culture broth that risks jumping in my butt ...! Okay, I will look into it. :P

Yes that makes a culture broth and no need for analyzes for that: it stinks in 2 days ... or even less in summer ... and a potentially dangerous "biofilm" forms ... and during rinsing, the bacteria fly into the room due to the movement of moist air ...
Better to collect rainwater for flushing toilets, it's much less risky ...
Otherwise there is the old-fashioned hygienic bucket: we can recycle the contents in the vegetable garden, it's even more ecological and economical ... : Cheesy:
0 x