Rainwater harvesting

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/06/13, 19:02

I also like the 300l round tubs in green polypropylene sold for rain recovery: in general 28euro / 300l therefore 93euro / m3: cheaper than the 1m3 tanks on a pallet and cleaner when you don't know what is there had in it

I have a good number of partially entered 300l tanks, just enough for the outlet pipes to be frost-free, but the edge of the tank is enough above the ground so that the piggy does not fall out. : cleaner than the tanks completely inserted not waterproof enough or the runoff water falls into it
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: cubi tank

by Macro » 26/06/13, 08:58

Grelinette wrote:I confirm that a number of companies receive liquids (food or not: glucose, olive oil, glue, ...) in cubi of 1000 liters. These cubi are consigned but it often costs more to charter a truck to send them back to the shipping company than to resell them locally, or even destroy them on the spot (crushing on the tractor and heading for the bucket! : Shock:)

In my region, I was able to recover it at a low price and even free of charge (to make water supplies for sprinkling or to water horses) from companies manufacturing candied fruit, ready meals, oil olive and a company manufacturing prefabricated walls for building (contained glue for insulation, yuck! I do not recommend).

My method: yellow pages or internet, then the phone ...

For information. These cubis are sold to companies that fill them with a return destruction service. They just have to fill out a form, send a fax and a transporter picks them up (minimum3 pieces). After (I had the case yesterday for cubis having contained dangerous matters) it is not necessary to be looking at the conditions of transport ... Because the truck transports cubis empty certainly but of multiple origin ... So acids basics of fertilizer oil shampoo ... in short, under the guise of unitary derogations from ADR, the unpaved dangerous goods truck is a potential AZF all by itself ... Personally, I didn’t let it go. rotted me on the phone arguing that he collected 400 a year and that it was the first time he had to deal with a cunt of my kind ...

In view of the way in which it is transported ... I dare not imagine the traceability of recycling thereafter ... And I can guarantee you that there are going to be (not) green and not ragged rubbish in these rubbish of IBC ...

To store water be sure of what was put there ... use only those who transported food (my dear Watson) ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/06/13, 14:38

it's not the dirtiest most dangerous product

strong acids or strong bases are perfectly soluble, so a good rinse leaves the tank clean

food is more dangerous when leftovers rot anyway

the most viscous are the additives of all kinds used by all kinds of industry

while recovering 200l tin cans I sometimes found nonylphenol ... at that time it was practical: the cans was marked with paint so always easy to read ... now it’s the disaster everything is marked by computer printed paper label: when the container has been in the rain for too long it is illegible

that's why I prefer the 300l containers sold in garden centers
0 x
Christophe

Re: Recovery of rainwater

by Christophe » 11/03/16, 16:08

Rabbit rainwater recovery scheme:

schema-of-water tank-to-rain-en-rings-of-well-pic245.jpg.gif
rainwater-tank-diagram-in-well-rings-pic245.jpg.gif (13.48 KiB) Consulted 6819 times

Rabbit wrote:Diagram with explanations to build a rainwater tank with well rings. This shema is made from a tank that I built.
0 x
Bea
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Bea » 21/05/16, 13:59

The legislation requires a water tank for new construction. As much as it serves something, right?

The water in the distribution network is increasingly polluted.

In a few years rainwater (from tank) will be the cleanest water we can have at a reasonable price as much to know. It is still necessary to use it and properly build its tank.

Regarding the tank:
    build it in BENOR SVP concrete guaranteed without additives. Not PVC. The water must have a neutral pH 6,5 to 8,5. Logically, the more acidic the water, the more quickly it will take on the lime from your concrete. In doing so, the pH of the water will become more basic and stabilize favorably.
    Place a settling tank and a leaf pre-filter upstream of the tank.

Regarding filtration:
    A 50 micron pre-filter is sufficient to retain sediment etc.
    A 50 micron filter in sintered activated carbon block allows you to filter odors and makes the water clear from there you feed the bathroom the WC the laundry room, the garage, garden it is already not bad.
    Turn to drinking water now. Yes there is a way to treat the tank water to make it potable but under certain conditions:
Avoid highly toxic roofing elements: roofing, lead, paints, toxic treatments (defoamers, anti-algae and finally aluminum. Regarding zinc and copper it is less important unless more than 5% of the roofing has one and as long as you don't have both (electrolysis).
A 0,45 micron activated carbon filter manufactured by Carbonit the only one that guarantees the real effectiveness of its filters, controlled by the independent laboratory deemed to be reliable (TÜV). A reliable site:
http://www.eau-source.com/13-filtres-ecologiques-carbonit

With this mark, the reliability is such that the analysis of your water should not be redone unless you modify your roof or the rainwater network of course. There is no need to place a UV filter which only works on germs or an Osmosis which will acidify your water again. Stay there you will have an incomparable water see also the following article for those who like to go to the end of things:
http://www.eau-source.com/blog/le-phenomene-de-restructuration-de-leau-filtree-definition-et-concept-n9
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re:

by chatelot16 » 21/05/16, 15:38

oli 80 wrote:Hello, I know some people who bought these cubis of 1000l in fact this company gets rid of them because they were reformed
I have all the cubis have an "expiration" label

so since it is expensive to have them dismantled so they sell them, another detail, we can find this type of cubi in large DIY stores for 150 €, and well they buy them from these companies and have them cleaned by others companies and sell them at a high price : Shock:

150euro for a container having contained anything it is too expensive: there are new ones at 99euro at brico jars ... so all clean coming out of the manufacturing plant, with a whole lifespan
http://www.bricodepot.fr/angouleme-cham ... prod34372/
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/05/16, 17:47

And 30 to 40 euros on the famous French site where does not sell everything, which is not bad (the site) and where it is difficult to go around in circles (the site) ...

But in fact, we do not always know what was inside.

Now, we must see the use of water: watering, washing, WC, etc ... The effect of certain "traces" will not be the same! Even the rain has already picked up "traces" of a lot of pollution before falling on our roofs, where it picks up more ... So no need to use "sterile" tanks!
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 21/05/16, 19:26

Good evening, in fact what I was saying a few years ago the companies which receive boxes and send them back empty, and after a while they are "reformed" they prefer to sell them at low cost 10 or even 20 € each but must clean yourself, but the cubis that you buy yourself at 99 € at the brico are the same except they were bought by another company at a low price, this box cleans them thoroughly and they resell them at high cost in the stores

in short the only difference is that if you buy them directly from the companies that sell them they are cheaper but you will have to clean them
and in DIY or elsewhere it's the same cubis sold by the stronghold but cleaned by another company
, this is what the guy from élysé cosmetics chez nous explained to us

cordially
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/05/16, 19:38

For my part, the ones I saw in DIY stores are new. This can be seen !

They are often black, opaque, to avoid algae ... Finally, they are also found in black.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/05/16, 20:44

I bought 2 at brico depot and they are very new with the manufacturer's label and the new tap having never been used ... it was to store fuel and considering the price of fuel I do not want the store in a messy tank likely to have a defect, so new tank

to store water, small corner recovery tanks can suffice ... if there is a defect, you don't lose much

for purity do not forget an important instrument, the snitch! most dangerous products smell strange odors: if an empty tank smells nothing and has no visible deposit this is a good sign
0 x