Collect wash water from the dishes and shower

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Collect wash water from the dishes and shower

by sebarmageddon » 26/05/11, 15:21

since the beginning of the week, I wash my dishes by hand, having a bowl,
first of all, I run the water above the water bowl of the bitches until hot water starts to come to the tap, this avoids wasting cold water
then I put some dishes on a green scraper, and I rub the dishes like that, wetting a little bit above a bowl, and I rinse the washed dishes above the bowl,
like that, I collect all the water used, then I will empty it in the garden
I do not do it for the shower, because I would have to manage to fit in a bowl : Cheesy: , to be able to recover the water, but I think it must be possible by cutting the water outlet to drop it in a large bucket to recover it

however, I have questions for users of this water recovery:

- is it a problem to throw the water from washing / rinsing the dishes in the garden?

- will the dishwashing product which is not in high concentration damage or pollute the soil?

- does the dishwashing product contained in the water interfere with watering a plant (geraniums, etc.), or even edible products (strawberry, etc.)?

- would shower products (shampoos, shower gel, etc.) pose a problem in the event of complete recovery of the washing and rinsing water? (same questions as for the dish product, but I haven't tested yet)

my observations on this short duration, do not really allow me to judge, although I note that this washing / rinsing water of the dishes makes that the grass which has yellowed regrows, which seems to be good news,

here, thank you for your opinions and answers
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 26/05/11, 16:44

As long as we don't eat too much fat, the dishwasher is almost useless !!
I wash my dishes by hand with nothing if I am alone, no problem !!
My wife refuses !!

I have no idea of ​​the composition of the dishwasher kept secret !!

Simple soap, often with lots of additives to avoid, poses fewer problems !!

Given the powerful neurotoxicants found in household and dermatological products, even for babies, I am very skeptical !!
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post203624.html

this dishwashing / rinsing water causes the yellowing grass to grow back, which seems like good news,

given the drought, the grass benefits !!

There is always a living being capable of living in the worst conditions, even in nuclear reactor pools or on the ash of volcanoes or in dioxin !!!

The dishwater does not disturb much, apart from the groundwater, much more polluted by farmers, like atrazine !!
By thousands of tonnes !!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 26/05/11, 18:42

Bah! There is not really a problem to water the flowers or the lawn if the soaps are natural except against not to put for the fruits or the vegetables which will take the taste!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain