Random smells in the house

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Bengal77
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Random smells in the house

by Bengal77 » 26/01/22, 19:53

Thank you for your answers.

I tried karsher with a ferret from all the pipe outlets visible from the garden, but it didn't work.

For the vacuum cleaner, is it via the house drains? Does a professional know how to handle this?

For your other proposals, I don't know how to deal with problems in the partitions or elsewhere.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/01/22, 20:54

Since odors are random, you should try to determine what events may have occurred at the start of the problem. It is likely that it is the same cause that manifests itself each time...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/22, 23:21

We were talking about higher winds, no...

I go out the back door... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/22, 23:22

Ahmed wrote:Since odors are random, we should try to determine what events may have occurred at the beginning of the problem. He is likely that the same cause occurs each time...

A bit sophisticated, no?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 26/01/22, 23:39

Christophe wrote:
Ahmed wrote:Since odors are random, we should try to determine what events may have occurred at the beginning of the problem. He is likely that the same cause occurs each time...

A bit sophisticated, no?

If it happens every time they eat cassoulet, it has nothing to do with the piping, at least not with the same... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 27/01/22, 00:01

The wind hypothesis seems interesting to me. I had a similar problem....it seems to me to be accentuated on days when the East wind was strong. Measured by the violence of slamming doors. : Lol: . Day without wind --> RAS.
Accentuation also when there is a big difference in temperature from one day to another. Day of heat wave which follows a day worthy of winter.
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/01/22, 00:26

I think Bengale77 wants a lasting solution, not a bengal fire.. :P poof...poof...

A sketch with dimensions / slope would help to understand the configuration of the place... Photos... here we are in the fog
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 27/01/22, 00:33

bengal77 wrote:For the vacuum cleaner, is it via the house drains? Does a professional know how to handle this?

I don't think it's necessary to disassemble the traps. (this is especially to do when it's clogged)

The vacuum cleaner you stick it directly on the evacuation, you should recover a package of gray water and hair. (be careful, it stinks! :) )
The drain needs to be about the size of the suction pipe for it to work.
In my bathtub, the drain is a bit larger than my vacuum hose, but it already works well.
Eventually I complete the seal with a damp washcloth around the vacuum cleaner hose
and plug the overflow outlet with my hand, a sponge or a damp cloth.

At first, I don't necessarily try to directly suck all the water from the siphon,
I make it go up and down by gravity by playing on the distance between the vacuum hose and my evacuation.
the goal is that it does not fit in the vacuum cleaner in order to create movement and take off the dirt.

I insist, on the fact of using a vacuum cleaner intended to suck up water unless you are ready to sacrifice an unintended vacuum cleaner.
A conventional vacuum cleaner also risks being too weak in suction for it to work properly.
0 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.
Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 27/01/22, 00:35

SixK wrote:I insist, on the fact of using a vacuum cleaner intended to suck up water unless you are ready to sacrifice an unintended vacuum cleaner.
A conventional vacuum cleaner also risks being too weak in suction for it to work properly.

And will burn out while blowing up (we don't get out of it) the lead.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 27/01/22, 01:12

Hello
Another suggestion: humidity due to prolonged periods of rain.
Seems to be my problem.

The primary exhaust chimney and those of the ventilation ducts are made of square bushels covered with plaster with a round tile outlet.
There are no hats. Prolonged rains soak the plaster of the pipes. It's mostly rotten down on the duct that extends the main vent pvc pipe, which comes vertically from the terminal exhaust pipe. It doesn't have time to dry out with the indoor heat. It's not pierced, but the smell of sewage comes periodically and spreads.
I still haven't put any hats on top. But I still can't figure out the reason.
Doesn't seem to cut through the crumbly plaster?
In principle chimneys are independent, and the return of odor would be done by the top? ..
In short, if this can remind you of a similar configuration after prolonged rains or heavy precipitation?
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "