pump system for initiating a siphon?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Pump system to start siphoning?

by oli 80 » 23/06/19, 18:02

Hello, as I understood it is a can or was waterproof filled with water with a pipe attached down with a tap at the end, when you open this tap the water begins to flow and was emptied slowly , the second pipe which is fixed at the top of the air let in, as I understood on this system we use the call of air of the pipe at the top to suck water in a well or other point d water a little lower

I do not even know if it's really a siphon this system
it looks like the D system of developing countries
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/06/19, 18:15

That's exactly what I understood as well ...
The qualification of "siphon" or not is secondary, what I note is that this operation supposes a constant external energy, whereas only an initial launching energy is present. My conclusion is that this device is completely bogus (sic)! : Wink:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 23/06/19, 21:59

That 's what I thought, it' s DIY in developing countries like Indonesia, some Asian countries
or Latin American, which explains the videos above in the thread

we can understand that in this kind of poor countries people can not learn like us at school, so they do not have a notion of physics, but some have internet and when they see videos or machine plans with perpetual motion or systems mentioned above and other fake of the kind, with the little knowledge they have, they see these machines or other systems so-called revolutionary but completely archaic, they take all the most zany theories very seriously as if it was the manna fallen from the sky

good night
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/06/19, 22:28

This is probably a correct interpretation, however I find that these weaknesses in the basic principles of physics are not the only fact of impoverished countries, but are observed quite universally, as we have seen here on many occasions. It is also enough to convince oneself to go through the lists of patent filings ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."