river pump, simple solutions?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
marieagnes
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

river pump, simple solutions?

by marieagnes » 24/06/09, 15:42

I wanted to put a photo to describe my problem, but I really suck !!! I did not understand what is written briefly.

here's my problem:

I have a house resting on terraces (in other words more or less 10 meters higher than the bottom of the garden and a river that runs down the garden.

our vegetable patch is barely two meters above the river but we would also like to water the top of the garden (10 m higher) using something other than our buckets and arms ...

the river has little current in summer and little depth (although there are water holes in places where we have almost no foot). in winter this river can turn into a torrent ... it is "the enraged river".

I'm looking for plans to make a pump that would allow me to water using the force of the little summer current knowing that winters don't water.

I saw a subject on river pumps and I admit that I am not a scientist for two cents .....

could someone give me a plan with the material to use to make it? or a place where I could buy it ready made?

oli 80 proposed a pump which seems to correspond to what I am looking for except that it is huge and would not hold in our stream, but maybe if we make it we could make it smaller ...

Thank you for your answers
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 24/06/09, 16:53

0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

jog pump

by oli 80 » 01/07/09, 22:08

good evening, if you are looking for a system to raise the water easily, a three-pipe box and voila
http://nxtwave.tripod.com/gaiatech/pulser/index.htm

in this link there are two videos of the system in operation
0 x
marieagnes
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marieagnes » 02/07/09, 09:59

it's true that it's not complicated but .... you have to dig under the river bed ...? because there are old stone walls on both sides that you cannot touch ...

with my husband we are thinking that we may be putting a pump with a solar panel and a battery. honestly it's not at all what I wanted but good ... as long as we can water without feeding EDF or TOTAL ...

: Love:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/07/09, 10:03

you saw our small solar pump installation?

Otherwise it is there page 2: https://www.econologie.com/forums/pompe-a-ea ... t7677.html

PV is not necessarily the most econological solution ... I put it especially for the purpose of long-term "test" ...

You seem to be on a mountainside, so if you have pressure, you can do a lot of other things, starting with a hydraulic ram ...

Here too I installed one despite the low pressure of our stream:
https://www.econologie.com/pompage-par-b ... -3835.html
0 x
marieagnes
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marieagnes » 02/07/09, 16:19

:P cool
I'm going to show this to my husband because it goes far beyond my level of technical understanding ...

you can say that I am on the side of the mountain ... I am rather in a bowl

the river has a bit of current in summer but can go into edgy or even furious mode in winter
moreover this river is called the raby, in provencal it means the nervous ...

this is why we want a removable system otherwise we will find the pump in the village in January!
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 02/07/09, 20:24

a simple married solution

You open a Skype account and voice, I explain how to post your images ....

Meow

but don't hang around, because on the 7th I'm already gone and before I have the opportunity to call you ... unless 9 telecom is fast to open a new line (someone has info on this ?)
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
marieagnes
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marieagnes » 03/07/09, 15:18

ah well that's it i found how we put pictures !!

systems of rams ... it would go for the vegetable garden (and again ... because with us it is the land of the wind) but not for bamboos ...

we can't hang anything on the stone walls ...
there is not much depth or current in summer but in winter (and sometimes in September during late summer thunderstorms), the same river photo taken almost from the same place:

0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/07/09, 15:44

Wow! I'm not surprised that your husband prefers to have an aperitif on the terrace instead of watering!
In which corner?
I did not know that it was permissible to live in such places :D

These very old stone walls on both sides inspire me. Wasn't there a mill in the past?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
marieagnes
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marieagnes » 03/07/09, 16:47

there is always an old mill a little lower and another much lower towards the village (which still works besides, it is for oil)

but the mills are not "visible" they are made for olive oil and therefore the water from the river is diverted (by a kind of trap) and goes directly into the basement of the house and the water turns a large wooden wheel which turns a stone upstairs which rolls on a large plate where the olives are placed ....

I do not know why when I explain it looks complicated when it is not ...

(I'm in the Var)
0 x