Self-contained rainwater project

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Autonomous rainwater project

by GuyGadebois » 07/10/19, 19:48

0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/10/19, 20:35

twentymak wrote:OK so I can leave on a line composed of:
A submerged pump with float in the tank
A pressure switch to control it
A bladder balloon

But: Which pump to choose?
What size of bladder? I see all sizes on sale separately, apparently there will be 30-50% of its volume for water, the rest for compressed air.
So to limit startups I would easily 100L? If it is expected that there will be only 30 50L useful. No ?

I have no experience outside of a very rustic system intended for watering (therefore without obligation of availability 24/24 365/365), so it would be very pretentious to give you practical advice.
On the previous post relating to the need for a bladder tank, there is the fact that I have some knowledge of hydraulics. A water distribution system must remain under pressure permanently, otherwise it will be quickly destroyed by stop-start cycles.

Without experience, I still have the impression that 100l for a bladder tank is the minimum standard, right?
0 x
twentymak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by twentymak » 07/10/19, 22:06

0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 07/10/19, 22:17

twentymak wrote:Good after some research I will be tempted to order all this:

https://www.manomano.fr/p/einhell-pompe ... -n-1791536

Does that seem more than enough?

I have big doubts about the pump. What pressure at the outlet of it? You must be able to inflate the tank. I doubt that this kind of pump can inflate the balloon to its optimal pressure (5.4 Bars, for your balloon, it seems to me).
This kind of pump, called "surface", may be suitable (it all depends on the configuration of your tank):
https://www.manomano.fr/p/pompe-de-surf ... l_id=66106 Besides, you can mount the pump on your tank. A bit like this (all done):
https://www.manomano.fr/recherche/Groupe+de+surpression
Last edited by GuyGadebois the 07 / 10 / 19, 22: 41, 2 edited once.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 07/10/19, 22:26

sicetaitsimple wrote:
twentymak wrote:The idea of ​​a submerged pump with pressure switch would please me to limit the noise, but is it possible to add a balloon bladder so that it does not start every time you touch a tap. A bit like a booster group.

A bladder tank is essential in all cases to maintain the pressure of the distribution circuit between certain limits, to avoid water hammers, and to avoid a rapid destruction of the pump if only by a small leakage of a tap or a flush, which happens.

There is also the switch-and-contactor de-compressor which allows you to start a pump as soon as you open a tap. It costs less than 30 €
As the water is not compressible, as soon as there is a minimum pressure in the network (taps closed), the pump stops, and vice versa.
I do not know if in the case of your installation it is possible, but a pump control seems interesting and quite simple to install.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
twentymak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by twentymak » 08/10/19, 06:18

GuyGadebois the pump rises to 3.2bar, and the balloon is adjusted to the pressure you want by more or less inflating the membrane.

I prefer a submersible pump rather than on the tank to avoid noise in the house.

Grelinette For the contactor / pressure switch the system you propose is good but I have the impression that they all cut to 1.5bar. I need it to cut to 3bar.
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "