Self-contained rainwater project

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Autonomous rainwater project

by sicetaitsimple » 10/08/19, 22:42

thibr wrote:I do not see myself without water : Mrgreen:

Pfff, petit bourgeois ....

0 x
twentymak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by twentymak » 11/08/19, 09:28

So in terms of dry toilets, we may be the experience of creating a cabin in the garden.

For the vermicomposting system the system looks interesting, I have already seen in a eco-hamlet a dry toilet system on the first floor, with a tank of 1000L, the ground floor, which came to self-compost and they had to empty it only once a year, I think. And using a tractor.

But for the interior we want to keep a "water waste" system, the idea is to successfully recycle our gray water for use in toilets.

I just need to know the feasibility of the trick.

Level evacuation to the tank + the overflow that goes to the sewer it seems quite feasible, just the PVC pipe diversion respecting the slopes.

For aspiration, a pump + filtration is enough.

But where I worry is the clogging of filters, the quality and smell of water.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/08/19, 19:54

twentymak wrote:But where I worry is the clogging of filters, the quality and smell of water.

0 x
twentymak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by twentymak » 12/08/19, 09:59

I have already seen a lot of videos on it, but the problem is that we do not have enough room or slope to make phytopurification.

We need the most compact system possible and ideally buried.

That's why I took over the tank system.
0 x
fl78960
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fl78960 » 12/08/19, 11:27

Hello,

I have a little studied the question but no implementation at home at the moment.

It seems to me that the regulatory issue has been evaded by talking only about drinkability, but the regulatory issue is also about the discharge of rainwater into the sewer system.

When you pay your water to the community, you also pay for sanitation (my home is 50 / 50). Watering your garden with rainwater is not a problem. Polluting with your excrement of rainwater by rejecting it in the sanitation network: it is a volume of water that will be sanitized but you do not pay (directly)
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 13/08/19, 15:52

it only applies to collective sanitation ... in many campaigns where it's individual sanitation you do what you want (or almost ...)
1 x
twentymak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by twentymak » 11/09/19, 22:45

Here I am again on the subject. So as a donkey I deduced the size of our roof compared to the living space ...

But in reality our roof is about 110m2 so it should get enough rain for our consumption.
0 x
twentymak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by twentymak » 07/10/19, 17:49

And hello the project continues.

I ordered some filters that I will present later, it will filter seriously.

For the moment I am at the choice of the pump. And I do not know what to choose.

The idea of ​​a submerged pump with pressure switch would please me to limit the noise, but is it possible to add a balloon bladder so that it does not start every time you touch a tap. A bit like a booster group.

There will be about 8m between the bottom of the tank and the shower head of the floor. When I see that the pumps announce 40 see 50m of height of delivery I think to be quiet at this level.

Then the size of the balloon has bladder.

In short ... What would you install as a system?

Goods.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/10/19, 19:02

twentymak wrote:The idea of ​​a submerged pump with pressure switch would please me to limit the noise, but is it possible to add a balloon bladder so that it does not start every time you touch a tap. A bit like a booster group.

A bladder tank is essential in all cases to maintain the pressure of the distribution circuit between certain limits, to avoid water hammers, and to avoid a rapid destruction of the pump if only by a small leakage of a tap or a flush, which happens.
0 x
twentymak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by twentymak » 07/10/19, 19:34

OK so I can leave on a line composed of:
A submerged pump with float in the tank
A pressure switch to control it
A bladder balloon

But: Which pump to choose?
What size of bladder? I see all sizes on sale separately, apparently there will be 30-50% of its volume for water, the rest for compressed air.
So to limit startups I would easily 100L? If it is expected that there will be only 30 50L useful. No ?
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "