Self-contained rainwater project

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Autonomous rainwater project

by sicetaitsimple » 07/08/19, 14:45

twentymak wrote:So now let's move on to the other details that I miss.
For the suction in the tank: I do a suction with float or directly at the bottom of the tank?
And the UV sterilizer? Yes ? No ? Positioned for all water? Where just dedicated to drinking water? What power ?

I have no experience other than that of a "rustic" system only dedicated to watering the vegetable garden, so consider my answer as such.

For the suction in the tank, having a system floating a few cm below the level of the tank will make it possible to take advantage of the natural settling in it. It will not improve its final quality in any way, it will just limit "to a certain extent" (very little quantifiable ....) the rate of clogging of the filters that you are going to install downstream, in particular that of the pump.

UV sterilizer, no idea, except that if it was me (but it won't be me), the answer would be yes, for everything except toilet flushing. I would like you to answer me that it does not help you anything .....
0 x
twentymak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by twentymak » 07/08/19, 17:13

No no typo, it's just what I found as a filter. And I can completely replace the 5µ sediment with a 10µ if it is better.

As for the suction precisely I do not know what is best between using a little faster my filters or find myself after X years with a huge rotten tank bottom and be forced to everything drain to go clean.

And for the UV filter actually I am still not more advanced with your answer, but do not worry your answers have still advanced me on other points.

I also found our water consumption from last year: 77m3 : Evil: and this without counting the watering of the vegetable patch ...

The installation begins to be questioned ... But if I manage to remove the consumption of the toilets may be that it can pass. I thought about a system.

- The water from the shower and the washing machine could be discharged to a 1000L tank with the overflow that goes to the sewer.
- A pump with a 3bar pressure switch at the outlet of the tank will supply the toilets.

The question that remains in my mind is: Will the "production" of water be greater than consumption ... just to not run out of toilet ... I can't see myself saying too much: Come on everyone in the shower we have the toilets dry : Lol:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/08/19, 17:28

twentymak wrote:I also found our water consumption from last year: 77m3 : Evil: and this without watering the vegetable patch ...

See my first post (the second of the thread), it seemed optimistic .....

Then, on the ideas of water from the shower that goes into a tank to supply the toilet, why not, but it gets complicated ...

But in fact, you didn't really say it, what's your motivation? Purely economical (paying less for water), "ecological" (not really easy to demonstrate), sanitary (like the guy in the video you posted that ouh there are really high limit values ​​for the potable water)?

Because depending on the motivation the "best" solution may be different.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/08/19, 18:35

Twentymak, you write:
As for the suction, precisely I do not know what is best between using a little faster my filters or find myself after X years with a huge rotten tank bottom and be forced to drain everything to go clean.

If we start with the idea of ​​a significant accumulation of filth at the bottom of the tank, then this volume which could be retained by the filters (solution 1) represents an even more considerable job of maintenance of the latter. .
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 07/08/19, 18:39

with UV sterilization : Wink:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/08/19, 19:08

Ahmed wrote:If we start with the idea of ​​a significant accumulation of filth at the bottom of the tank, then this volume which could be retained by the filters (solution 1) represents an even more considerable job of maintenance of the latter. .

Maintenance work and also costs, because I do not think that this kind of 5 or 10 micron filters can "regenerate", that is changed by new.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/08/19, 20:06

thibr wrote:with UV sterilization : Wink:

I watched the video, and this young man seemed to me to be common sense.
He settled in a visibly lost corner, at least enough so that a connection to a drinking water distribution network was impossible or much too expensive.
In this case, indeed, a solution must be found, I don't know if the one he describes will be enough for him (in volume), but in any case he seems to do what is necessary to ensure a correct potability of his water.
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 07/08/19, 20:33

about the potability of water
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/08/19, 21:07

thibr wrote:about the potability of waterI

To my knowledge, a naked breast recognized by "robots" results in automatic censorship by Youtube.
On the other hand, dangerous bullshit such as that propagated by the so-called Pi Wan can spread cheerfully ....

Fortunately, the desperately white canes of our friend Did67 have not yet been spotted by the robots of Youtube! Although, it's been a while since we haven't seen one of his videos ???? :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/08/19, 22:48

What is a desperately white cane? : Cheesy: : Shock:

As for the last video: the guy is right but it does not apply to rainwater which does not contain (or extremely few ???) "anthropogenic pollutants" as he likes to call them: so "sediment filtration" and a good UV lamp are enough to make it drinkable!

I find that they almost all make a monstrous exaggeration of the problem of the acidity of rainwater !! Strictly no physiological worries of drinking water at 6,5 pH or much less ... Coke is 2,5 ph and nobody (or almost) complains !! : Mrgreen:

ps: phthalates and other bisphenols must give themselves to their heart in water heated by a flame in a PET bottle! This technique pollutes more water than it makes it drinkable ... AMHA!
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "