pump system for initiating a siphon?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/12/11, 22:00

no illusion on the big siphon: it is disarmed by itself

the water sucked into the ruiseau at the top always contains some bubbles, or even only dissolved air

if the pipes are not thin enough and the flow rate is not high enough, the air accumulates at the top until defaults

so you have to regularly pump a shot to get started
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 02/01/13, 21:46

Good evening, we can also use that http://fr.jardins-animes.com/pompe-main ... p-493.html but hey it is quite expensive, we can make this rubber "pear" by an accordion hose from a washing machine or dishwasher, two check valves and we have a siphon priming pump

this simple pump is mounted between two hoses just like the pear
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Pump system to start siphoning?

by oli 80 » 29/10/17, 16:01

Hello, here is how to use the water of a well by siphoning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJFSQzyqN8w

I put the youtube link as the video display jokes, it seems to be fashionable right now on the forums : Evil:
0 x
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Lolounette » 29/10/17, 16:34

to complete the solutions already proposed there are also priming pumps on which we can adapt a drill of this style.

And if not the small pear siphonage animated gardens is also available at light green and other speedy (to prime the diesel pumps but it's exactly the same) for a fraction of the price : Wink: but hey it's still tedious enough to start a relatively big pipe with that: the solution of the cordless drill is still much less tiring!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/10/17, 17:20

a handy pump type handy for sucking air from the bottom of a large siphon
https://www.pecheur.com/achat-gonfleur- ... E#af=47643

we find them even cheaper when there is the promo for the inflatable thing in the supermarket at the beginning of the summer
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 11/06/19, 23:17

Good evening, here is an "improved siphon" : Mrgreen:

he must find an investor to patent his "invention" Image
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 12/06/19, 15:29

oli 80 wrote:Good evening, here is an "improved siphon" : Mrgreen:

he must find an investor to patent his "invention" Image

It's fun as an experience ...
but it seems to me that there is more simple as mounting: it puts a tap type Y with 2 valves (or a bi-pass), with a pipe which leaves the base of a bucket of priming (possibly bottom ) and another who goes into the other bucket. By opening the 1er bucket it starts the pipe, then by switching the bi-pass on the other bucket it empties ...
Valve Y.jpg
Valve Y.jpg (4.62 KIO) Accessed 16216 times
Priming Siphon.jpg
Priming Siphon.jpg (47.19 Kio) Accessed 16216 times

but if he wants to make it simpler, even to make holes and blockages, he fixes 1 single pipe at the base of the bucket he wants to empty with a valve at the end of the drain pipe! : Cheesy:

... and even better, he remakes a simple montage of the Pythagorean Cup : just fill the bucket completely so that it empties completely afterwards!
Possibly, it puts a single valve at the end of the drain hose to control the emptying ...

Cup Pythagore.png
Cup Pythagore.png (14.02 KB) Viewed times 16216

Moreover, this priming principle of the Pythagoras Cup, it is perhaps the most adapted and simplest solution for the subject of origin (automatic priming of a pipe in a source to feed a low point )
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 19/06/19, 14:35

Hello, I think I understood the principle of this "improved siphon" using gravity, a vacuum is created in a sealed container is connected to another suction pipe, here is a video of a transparent model

sorry it's in Spanish or Portuguese

and a video of a plan to make that

it reminds me of some college physics courses : Mrgreen:
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 23/06/19, 00:00

Good evening, I found another video

to face it's in Indonesian, in English they say "barrel pump"
even if we do not understand the language the schema seems explicit but I do not know how to call this system in French

good Sunday
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/06/19, 16:30

There is something wrong with this montage, even if we understand that the potential energy initially supplied by the elevation of the water contained in the can can raise a little water from the low point (under reserve of a limited height): why this siphon, after priming, could it raise the water? * : Shock:

* I recall that the principle of siphoning is to raise a column of water above its level to sink below it, in short, it is a simple way of drawing water that can substitute a tap in the bottom, nothing more (this is not a pump!).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."