Septic tank maintenance: how to maintain it properly?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 02/09/09, 12:52

Yours Yours ...
Failing to feel the M ... It smells of deja vu

Macro wrote:One of my uncle had a lot of worries to have his filtering garden validated by the DDASS, they were talking about invalidating his building permit, so no possibility of connection to running water, electricity and so on ... He has been forced to do a sanitation in accordance with the law (septic tank spreading .....) it was ten years ago these equipment were never used ...
He used his lagoon (with reeds that filtered in the thing) and the composting of his dry toilet ... The DDASS again landed and looked for walnuts to the point that they almost took his kid away ... I do not know if all this has evolved since but in any case it was not the joy a decade ago in France ...

Another thing ... I heard about a hunt for rainwater harvester on the Grenoble region ... Are there econologists to confirm ????
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 02/09/09, 16:09

Christophe wrote:Would you have some photos and info of your pond because there are chances that we must do the same in a few years with us.
Do you treat via this method 100% of the water leaving your tank (any water?) Or do you have a septic tank and a gray water tank?

I have an "all water" pit which collects all the waste water from the house (bathroom, kitchen, wc). The waste water (apart from that from the toilets) first passes through a grease trap and then goes into the spreading (trenches filled with pebbles).

I simply put a large tank at the outlet of the pit before spreading it in the ground (pvc tube of 100).

To make this filter I found an interesting tip, free and easy to implement:
I recovered a large round septic tank (in the shape of a dome) that a contractor had just removed for a connection to the main sewer, I cut the bottom with a chainsaw leaving a ledge of about 50 cm. I buried it on the surface, filled with river pebbles, placed a geotextile on it and put aquatic plants.
A bend brings water from the pit on one side to the bottom under the rollers and an overflow on the other side drains the water towards spreading. The plants are therefore between the arrival of water and the departure and therefore take advantage of this gray water ... and they seem to like it! slurp ... (the slug http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paf_le_chien)

By cons we only use degradable organic products for laundry, dishes and toilets.

I will take pictures tomorrow to post them.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/10/10, 14:14

Evidence reminder:
A basic septic tank works without odors if like for me:
1)do not overload like 10 people while it is for 2 !!
2) no products that kill bacteria : as bleach, powerful detergents, often put with washing machine washing water elsewhere, or antibiotics, very crucial !!
3) do not put too much or not enough water.
4) help bacteria with simple septic tank product like eparcic in my case (help bacteria find a support to fix).
5) do not put fats and oils so eat with little fat and oil (good for health) and throw oils and fats in the garbage rather than in the septic tank !!
The all-fat bin at my house is useless!
A septic tank must not work with what we put in a sewer system because toxic which kills bacteria and the pit stinks !!

So for me, no odor at the filter outlet before spreading for plants and emptying every 10 years is sufficient instead of the regulatory every 4 years !!!
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "