Leak on Gardena pump outlet nozzle

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Leak on Gardena pump outlet nozzle

by GuyGadebois » 25/06/20, 22:33

Christophe wrote:A malabar is putty, right? : Mrgreen:

Yeah well if necessary it can work as well as Loctite sold at a high price.
An example (different but in the Malabar spirit): I have a Sennheiser wireless TV headset (not to piss off people, since I live at night), and well the fastenings of the pads end up farting after two or three battery changes. I cut all the fragile pins and replaced them with Patafix. Result of the races, I change more, it holds super well and I will change it only when the mosses are dead.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
kristo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kristo » 01/07/20, 22:52

Hello, finally I bought a basic pump without a tank, not expensive but I have not yet succeeded in sealing ... I am already considering bringing it back! and since I didn't have much time I didn't come back.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/07/20, 08:56

Personally when I start to gallery with broken or damaged plastic items I use this:

https://www.manomano.fr/p/colle-epoxy-p ... id=2709853

I re-glued car headlights and a multitude of things ... The double syringe packaging is great you can keep it for years ... in the case of your pump thread ... You screw a sleeve or nipple of your choice on it and you will never be bothered again (if you no longer touch the glued part of course)
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 22/07/20, 09:54

The male plastic thread of the pump must have screwed up when screwing a brass tip: it's classic, metal tips are difficult to screw on plastic threads and damage them, the metal thread cutting the plastic thread. Most often we do not even realize it.
That said, the threaded end that comes out is long and makes it easy to attach a piece of pipe.

For my part, before attempting to remake a thread on the outlet end of the plastic pump (which risks weakening it), I would have first tried to fix in force a rubber end with a good clamp at the base, then a classic, Gardena or Plasson (for plymouth pipe) fitting at the other end of the pipe.

I have already been able to repair this type of problem using a piece of PE pipe (plymouth) with a diameter of 25 mm or 32 mm (the internal diameter of the addition must be less than the external diameter of the screwed-up nozzle), heated to l interior with lighter and screwed in force, blocked with a good collar: the plymouth is in Poly-Ethylene (PE) and easily melts which allows it to take the shape of the screwed thread and prevents leaks.

I add a detail: zooming in on your photo we see that the screw thread does not seem completely messed up (and that there is not a lot of Teflon: Teflon you have to put a few times a good thickness to seal the leaks). You can try to redo the thread by adjusting a female connector: you make the beginnings of the male and female threads coincide well by looking at where the threads of the threads begin, you press strongly by turning a little in the opposite direction clockwise (unscrewing) to force the correct positioning, and you try to get the threads back correctly to redo them .... is that clear? ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
kristo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kristo » 24/07/20, 17:06

Hello,
thank you for your response Grélinette, I got a lot of sweat with this pump and I fell in love and bought an ATM on the internet! for the repair of the gardena I did not tackle the problem again ... when you say "fix by force with a collar" I do not believe that it is possible without leakage, I have already tried with a lot of Teflon, nothing worked, nor by buying a plastic female end ... I doubt that apart from crimping the two end caps we will achieve anything. Or cut the part of the screw thread which is damaged. I'll keep you informed!
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 02/08/20, 15:40

With this type of rubber sleeve you should be able to do something efficient, fast and economical:

Rubber sleevec.jpg
Manchon caoutchouc.jpg (84.63 KiB) Viewed 6075 times

There are all diameters and it is easy to install.

(you type on your search engine: rubber sleeve with clamps ... )
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"