Gray Water System for WC

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
JiBe91
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Installing gray water for WC

by JiBe91 » 16/06/17, 07:50

Hello,

On the float side, I found some interesting products, but the remark from chatelot16 is relevant, it shouldn't be blocked.

What do you think of this one:
http://www.dx.com/fr/p/water-level-sens ... oCH-Dw_wcB

On the pump side it is true that the machine wash pump is interesting because it is intended for this kind of water. But the delivery head does not seem sufficient to me. I'm going to need about 4m of backflow.
I managed to find a pump for charged water of the empty cellar type. Wishing rather a surface pump I persevere ...
On the other hand I begin more and more to wonder what justifies a pump capable of charged water. The water will come from the shower and the sink. So solid level there will be only hair, the rest will be mainly composed of soap residue, toothpaste, etc ...

This pump seems interesting to me by its price and its consumption:
https://www.amazon.fr/Nordstrand-Booste ... e+eau+220v
On the other hand the passage section frighten me vis a vis risk of fouling of the pipes.

cordially
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/06/17, 09:05

JiBe91 wrote:What do you think of this one:
http://www.dx.com/fr/p/water-level-sens ... oCH-Dw_wcB
0.5 A, it is a magnetic contact, no problem of reliability unless it comes to clog and lock in a position. To monitor.
On the other hand, it will have to switch the pump via a relay, without forgetting the freewheeling diode.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/06/17, 09:42

JiBe91 wrote:On the other hand I begin more and more to wonder what justifies a pump capable of charged water. The water will come from the shower and the sink. So solid level there will be only hair, the rest will be mainly composed of soap residue, toothpaste, etc ...

precisely the hair is the worst to clog a pump

centrifugal pumps with good efficiency have a wheel divided into several channels: each time a hair is placed between two passages it remains stuck there while waiting for another to be put on top

the washing machine or vacuum cellar pumps have open impellers: simply a disc with fins: the hair does not get caught ... the performance is less optimized but you have to know what you want

the sprinkler pumps are often single-stage centrifugal pumps with a venturi in addition to increase the pressure and make it self-priming: this venturi has a small nozzle diameter therefore completely incompatible with dirty water ... other pump d are centrifugal pumps on several floors: more tolerant than that with venturi but there remains the problem of impellers with closed channels

my favorite solution is a dishwasher pump: enough pressure to go up to 4 meters ... well resistant to dirt
0 x
JiBe91
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by JiBe91 » 16/06/17, 11:59

Ok, for the pump, this assumption is based on the principle that my whirlpool filter is not efficient enough and that hair passes.
Are you sure for a 4m dishwasher pump? I agree with you that the LL and LV pumps are the most suitable for gray water, they are made for that. On the other hand they are not planned for such high backflow ?!

I found this other float switch:
https://www.myxlshop.fr/j-s-capteur-de-niveau-deau.html

We will start to reach my limits in electricity / physics. Unless I'm mistaken, if I take a pump with a power lower than 350W (in 230v) I don't need to use a relay with this float ?! And who says more relay says more freewheeling diode ?!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/06/17, 12:16

Hello,
chatelot16 wrote:my favorite solution is a dishwasher pump: enough pressure to go up to 4 meters ... well resistant to dirt
There are some more or less powerful. What model are you talking about?
This one of 170 W must be able to push back to 4 m, if one takes into account the maximum admissible pressure, but the characteristics are rarely announced.Image
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 16/06/17, 12:18

JiBe91 wrote:Are you sure for a 4m dishwasher pump? I agree with you that the LL and LV pumps are the most suitable for gray water, they are made for that. However, they are not intended for such high backflow ?!

I think that when chatelot talks about LV pump, he thinks of the pump which circulates the water during the washing (cycling pump) and not the drain pump.

And note: the electrical power of a cycling pump is higher (usually around 500W).

And by the way, no need for a freewheeling diode if the relay is supplied with alternating current.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/06/17, 12:40

of course i'm talking about the main pump of a dishwasher whose purpose is not to drain but to provide a pressure strong enough to squirt well in the dishes!

of course there is no miracle it consumes more power than a drain pump ... but the filling time of a flush is very fast if the pipes are big enough

it would be a shame to use the float filling system of a normal flush, because the flow rate is too low and the pump should be left running for a long time: hence my preference for the electric level sensor

another advantage, when the level sensor stops the pump the pipes with a reverse flow in the pump, which puts back in the tank the pigs who try to get stuck in the pump

of course the pipe that arrives in the toilet must be above the level, otherwise it empties like a siphon

small defect of the pipes above the level: it splashes and it diffuses the odor, which can be a problem with dirty water stored too long: solution: a tee at the top of the toilet with a pipe that dives at the bottom of the toilet, and a pipe that goes up as high as possible and goes outside

when the pump turns the pressure will not be enough to overflow in the rising pipe ... when the pump stops the top pipe will avoid the siphon
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/06/17, 13:25

Gaston wrote:And note: the electrical power of a cycling pump is higher (usually around 500W).
125 W cycling pump
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 16/06/17, 14:39

For the order, I would use a sensor Of this genre associated with a relay.
0 x
olivierdu33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by olivierdu33 » 13/10/23, 16:57

Hello,
I would like to open this post again, to find out if this project worked, if you tried and what your advice is.
I have this same project:
water-pumping-filtration/shower-water-to-supply-wc-t17538.html

thanking you in advance
0 x