Increase tank pressure for gag

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
deidei
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by deidei » 07/06/15, 16:34

yes but the programmer will block the water, right?
and can this one start and stop the pump
I specify my project
tank => pump => prog => pressure reducer ?? => gag pipe
please
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/06/15, 18:19

A basic programmer: no. It is a solenoid valve. So indeed, the water will be cut off, but the pump will force if it is sunny. Except, in fact, to put a "bypass" between the pump and the programmer: a pipe, which goes up higher than the top of the tank for example ...

If you want to adjust your pressure for example to 0,5 bar, you mount a PVC pipe, for example, which dips into your tank 5 m from the ground level ... Between pump and programmer, you put a flexible pipe, which pours into PVC. No waterproof connection, it should not be a siphon!

So when there is sun, the solar pump will pump. If the solenoid valve is open, either the flow is too high / pressure too high and the excess goes into the bypass ... You have a pressure limitation to the height at which you mount your by-pass. Either everything goes through the network!

If the solenoid valve is closed, the pump pumps in a loop through the bypass, since the network is closed. But as it costs you nothing, except wear and tear ...

If you want the programmer to also control your pump, you must put a pressure switch in the circuit: if the pressure rises, sun but network cut, it cuts the pump; if the pressure drops, electro-valve open, it starts it ... But with a drip, it will not stop making the yoyo: cut / light / cut / light, because the gag rate is probably low compared to that of the pump ...

The pressure reducer: you need the characteristic curve of the pump and know the flow rate of the drippers. The curve will give you the HMT (the "pressure") at which the pump pumps as a function of the flow rate and vice versa, for a given height, what the flow rate will be.

If the HMT, for the average flow, is higher than what is recommended for drippers, you will need a reduction gear. If you don't have a bypass, that will be reductive!

I would be tempted to say that with a small solar pump, there is little risk of it exploding the circuit for you (this is the role of pressure reducers, when you connect to a domestic network, at 3 bars = 30 m water height!)
0 x
deidei
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by deidei » 07/06/15, 18:29

thank you did67 i would have thought that simpler : Mrgreen:
on this kind of pump they say that it stops as soon as we turn off the tap so the prog should act as a tap, right? and therefore stop the pump
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/06/15, 21:55

I have not seen that it stops when you turn off a tap ... ???

If so, then, indeed, I have it all wrong! And indeed, no need to look any further! Because it has a built-in pressure switch. But I can't see it! I think that for the intended uses, we turn on / off the pump.

I downloaded the pdf, and indeed, with low flow rates (around 100 l per hour), it can go up to 6 bars. So a pressure regulator will be necessary! [the curve given is not entirely consistent with the flow rate of 5 l / min announced in open circuit = pressure of 0 bar; 5 l / min = 300 l / h or the curve indicates more than 450 without specifying the unit!]
0 x
deidei
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by deidei » 08/06/15, 18:05

thank you for your answers it is true that you are nice! : Cheesy:
I'm sorry but it is true that this pump does not have a pressure switch apparently, I have seen so many!
on the other hand this yes:
http://www.solairepratique.com/pompe-su ... POS126.cfm
What do you think?
Thank you again for your advice, it is true that I do not know much about it.
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Increase tank pressure for gag

by hic » 13/06/15, 10:06

Hi deidei
increase the diameter of the pipe connecting the programmer and the distributor
to test for cheap!
deidei wrote:Hello,
I installed a 1000L tank in my garden about 1 m high, to which I added a claber aquano video2 programmer followed by a 4-way distributor that feeds gag ondiseve in my vegetable patch.
The system works wonderfully except, and yes there is one except : Cry: , that when the tank is not full enough some drippers are dry for lack of pressure!
Thank you very much
0 x
deidei
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by deidei » 13/06/15, 10:56

thank you Hic I have practically no pipe between the prog and the distributor say 10cm!
0 x