Good idea for ecological and original toilets

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Good idea for ecological and original toilets

by Rulian » 22/03/07, 10:19

An idea that it is good for saving water, space and not forgetting to wash your hands after going to the toilet:

It is on the Enerzine blog, post dated March 21, 2007.

I will implement it as soon as I have an apartment of my own.

There are lots of funny things with good ideas to take up on this blog.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 22/03/07, 11:26

Already applied by some.
---
But we wash our hands vigorously especially after services.
This implies, a slower filling of the flush, allowing the addition of soapy water necessary for washing the puddles, in the flush tank, before it is finished. Otherwise, it's lost, and it goes through the overflow.

Another domestic drawback ...
As it is placed, behind the bowl, we must bend down, and inevitably, there is a risk of there being drops, scattering everywhere…
As they are of an indefinite nature, you can understand a certain suspicion on the part of the following user.
As, at home, the presence of residual drops of water, around a sink or sink is already a factor triggering endless stories with the hostess, I dare not envisage the future with this project…

Suggestion: If there is space, I suggest a conventional sink instead. The evacuation of the washbasin is done without a siphon, in a pipe which brings its rejection, a little further in the tank of the toilet flush ……… Simply.

Finally, it is a good idea and economical and ecological, better: econological.
: Arrow: It is enough to bring the evacuation of an existing washbasin, directly in the tank of the toilet, by saving a siphon.
(you can always put a thin screen at the outlet of the pipe, if you tend to lose your earrings or rings)
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 22/03/07, 13:58

gegyx wrote:But we wash our hands vigorously especially after services.
This implies, a slower filling of the flush, allowing the addition of soapy water necessary for washing the puddles, in the flush tank, before it is finished. Otherwise, it's lost, and it goes through the overflow.

We can find tips, like the hunt fills up while we do our needs. Or maybe something else. Worse even if we lose it, it's always a part of salvage.
gegyx wrote:As, at home, the presence of residual drops of water, around a sink or sink is already a factor triggering endless stories with the hostess, I dare not envisage the future with this project…

Good remark but it's not my problem, I live alone : Mrgreen:
gegyx wrote:Suggestion: If there is space, I suggest a conventional sink instead. The evacuation of the washbasin is done without a siphon, in a pipe which brings its rejection, a little further in the tank of the toilet flush ……… Simply.

Absolutely agree. One could even imagine recovering the shower water, by pumping and filtering. Or rainwater (but it's not very legal unfortunately).
gegyx wrote:Finally, it is a good idea and economical and ecological, better: econological.

Perfectly. It's the right word! 8)
0 x