real economic flow shower heads in water ...

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
gerald2545
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

real economic flow shower heads in water ...

by gerald2545 » 20/05/13, 10:55

Hello,
I looked into the subject of water-saving shower heads. Wanting to save water / energy, I went to GSB to ask for advice, explaining that my main concern was to save water during use (so no need for an LED handshower). I trust the seller and the packaging where I see "saving water" and further 60% ..... but arrived at home, I sit down and look at the product better ..... this is not 60% savings to be expected but 40% since the 60% actually corresponds to the% of the initial flow (without shower).

Well okay, I test and bring to the GSB since I know that there are showers with savings of at least 50%.
In PJ the result of the tests: we have about 60% of the flow of the shower without a shower head (63% exactly), but hey, since we rarely shower without a nozzle, this actually represents 78% of the flow of the previous shower, i.e. "only" 22% savings.

Anyway, I brought the spray to the store and turn to you to know what you have equipped (make / model), and if you're happy (on conservation and the use).
I saw that there was (according to the manufacturer) models for flow 7L / min regardless of the pressure of the water system .... and without loss of comfort (eg eco Monsoon shower chrome / hansgrohe white), it really works?

Thanking you in advance for your feedback

Gérald
Spreadsheet of measured flow rates:

PS: this message was broadcast on the forum futura-sciences, but was not successful .... I hope to have more luck here, thank you in advance ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/05/13, 11:41

Ah the joys of marketing ...

Actual throughput necessarily depends on your network pressure ... which varies still not bad for a house to another ...

So instead of reading a% discount, there is no indication of flow in L / min on the package?

After it is no secret: to wash it takes water ... the version 7L / min I do not know if it will suit everyone.

A quick shower is so can be better ... an ultra economic pommel?

ps: and putting the old cap + new head?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/05/13, 12:26

Hazard? I just take my 1ere shower head with a new one that has "fogger" mode (I knew not buying) ... which seems very effective in terms of water saving and washing efficiency / rinse!

There are handshowers at 15-20 € everywhere with 6 or 7 jets including very probably a "mist" mode ... to test at home?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/05/13, 13:19

I am a little surprised by your flow rates, because, measurements made, my wife and I, we use between 18 and 24 liters per shower. (I even push the vice to collect the water "waiting for it to be hot) in a bucket to rinse the sink.

(You have pressure, PCQ home it is rare that one can exceed 10 l / min, which is a problem to use a large pressure cleaner)

I'm about to do another calculation: the price is where the fleet for a small amount (1 liter) what is the cheapest, expect hot water or heating water in the kettle.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/05/13, 13:23

It seems to me that a "standardized" uneconomical shower is given for 50L ... which corresponds to approximately 2kWh of water heating.

So 20 to 25L is an economic shower.

After there is a difference, obviously, between man and woman with short hair with long hair ...
0 x
gerald2545
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gerald2545 » 22/05/13, 05:27

Christophe wrote:Ah the joys of marketing ...
So instead of reading a% discount, there is no indication of flow in L / min on the package?
After it is no secret: to wash it takes water ... the version 7L / min I do not know if it will suit everyone.
A quick shower is so can be better ... an ultra economic pommel?
ps: and putting the old cap + new head?

Not flow indication in l / min on the package, but a flow chart according to the pressure in the documentation associated with (all already returned to the store).
My problem is that my other half is a woman has long hair and likes to relax in the shower, where the search for a limitation of the conso by technology .... without loss of comfort if possible) after I 2 girls, I hope I get to draw better than the mom;)
when I spoke tip, I meant of course knob.

The "mist" mode, I did not know, we axhized a 3-position handshower in 2009 and we only use the rain mode, suddenly I go to the simplest, more robust and less expensive: 1 handshower with 1 single mode . Were you able to measure the flow in mist mode?

Thank you for your answers

Gérald
0 x
gerald2545
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gerald2545 » 22/05/13, 05:29

Some of you have already tested a 7L shower / min: loss of comfort or not?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 22/05/13, 08:16

I never took the time to make measurements between the old apple and showerhead air mix that I use for several years.
This fairly well known apple is mentioned in several topics on the forum.
I found them through the product name, but do not mention the respect to a remark by Christophe who asked not to pub ... 8)

The shower felt different but you get used to (even passing guests), only the noise can interfere, but we are now used to it. This should make about 5 years that we use (4 homemakers).

I had photocopied a comparison of water saving shower heads from a consumer magazine, but I do not know where I put it ... I remember that the best product in the comparison was the cheapest and that it was sold by a GSB (large DIY store), the one where it is "castoche", it seems to me ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/13, 12:56

gerald2545 wrote:The "mist" mode, I did not know, we axhized a 3-position handshower in 2009 and we only use the rain mode, suddenly I go to the simplest, more robust and less expensive: 1 handshower with 1 single mode . Were you able to measure the flow in mist mode?

I am going to test the 3 flow rates this afternoon: “normal” mode, “centered / karcher” mode and drizzle mode. All mixer open to max.

From what I saw how rain is to 5 10 times lower than the normal mode!
0 x
gerald2545
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gerald2545 » 24/05/13, 22:00

So Christopher, you could measure the flow?
Futura on a person speaks of AquaClic product that has the air not bad too.
For ecoxigene, its design means pleases me. Apparently showers with venturi effect have the noisy area ....
0 x