Feed the rainwater in toilets

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Did67

by Did67 » 28/05/09, 18:55

And a system consisting of letting tap water flow into the cistern when it is empty ???
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 29/05/09, 07:46

Bonjour,

And a system consisting of letting tap water flow into the cistern when it is empty ???

yesss, quite possible, easy and cheap ....
but that involves mixing city water (chlorinated!) and rainwater in the storage ...., which is detrimental to the natural quality of the rainwater .. !!
to be avoided if interior uses (other than wc) with the need for water quality ...!

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 29/05/09, 14:02

little sparrow wrote: ...., which is detrimental to the natural quality of rainwater .. !!
to be avoided if interior uses (other than wc) with the need for water quality ...!

It does not mean that the quality of rainwater is at the top and superior to tap water: when it rains, it collects all the polluting particles suspended in the air, especially the first drops of rain.
It is said in particular that in days it is almost impossible to have a pond in your garden that is self-regulating with filtering plants and you have to add mechanical filtration to restore a balance in the biotope.
(Well, that's probably also a bit of a commercial argument for sellers of filters and pumps! ...)
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 29/05/09, 14:17

Re,

It is not said that the quality of rainwater is at the top and better than tap water:

at home, the physicochemical quality of rainwater in its concrete storage is superior to that of the tap ... and it is above all this quality that would be undermined by an oxidizing disinfectant ....
and would eliminate bacteria to promote the appearance of viruses, which would be worse and more difficult to treat ....!

when it rains collect all the polluting particles suspended in the air, especially the first drops of rain.

that is "what we say" ....
it's not "all" the pollution it captures .. !!
and what we forget always to consider ... is in what proportion this pollution is captured and in what order of comparison with raw groundwater or surface water .. !! , and that's where everything changes .. !!

It is said in particular that .....

yes, I know ..., I'm starting to get to know all these "it is said that" ...
Me personally, I am no longer satisfied with "someone told me that" ..., I experiment directly on site and I analyze ...
oddly, the results are extremely different (even opposite) to all these "it is said that" .....

but either ........

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 29/05/09, 15:38

I generally agree with you little Pierrot: we hear a lot of things being said, often everything and its opposite, and at our level it is very difficult to have an opinion and the certainty that such and such a thing is true or an attempted disinformation for commercial purposes.

To tell the truth, at the moment in all the fields there are contradictory assertions, and the worst thing is that there are generally scientists on both sides! How do you know what is true?

That said, that does not prevent everyone from making their own way on the long and winding path of ecology.
In conclusion, pollution or not, and even if I am not a scientist, I affirm that filling his toilets with rainwater is a real good idea : Cheesy:
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 29/05/09, 16:46

Re,

I too, overall agree with you .... : Cheesy:

for a little tip, simple but often relevant ..: always wonder, in case of doubt or contradictory information ..:
> who disseminates the information concerned?
> who is the original author of the info database?
> what is the real basis of the info?
> who has any interest in the impact or substance of the news?
(in the spirit: "who profits from the crime" ..)

and yes, I also agree with you, the worst is when you hear contradictory statements from scientists with opposing arguments ... !!
so who to believe ..?
> once again, ask yourself the right questions! = who is behind what? , who works for whom? , and who finances what? .....

but the answers to these questions are only rarely accessible ...., just like "unofficial" and / or independent sources of information ....

: Cry:

In conclusion, pollution or not, and even if I am not a scientist, I affirm that filling his toilets with rainwater is a real good idea

well there I unfortunately can not agree, because rainwater or city water in the toilets .... the fact remains that these toilets will pollute in the same way .... !!!
therefore, saving "drinking" water to pollute in the same way ...., that can only be a "half-false-good-idea" ....
the real maid and above all effective idea remains the TLB .... only principle guaranteeing non-pollution .....

but if you keep your "traditional" WC ....., it is sure that it is better to put rain water there than drinking water (awful idea!), but it is not however "the real good idea" .......

do you accept this idea ........?

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 29/05/09, 18:50

This debate on Rainwater / Tap water in the toilets becomes deeply philosophical!

TLB kézako ??? (Byzantine Free Toilets, Greek or Turkish toilets maybe, right?)

To come back to ecological actions that may not be (and vice versa), I have often asked myself the question, for example, whether the compulsory connection to the sewer is an ecological measure because it concentrates the pollution at one point and poses other problems: what to do with the sludge from wastewater treatment plants?
(In France, farmers have the right to use them as fertilizer, they even receive premiums when they agree to pour it into their fields!)
It's a bit like Coluche's laundry: it cleans the dirt, then deposits the clean dirt again afterwards!
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 29/05/09, 18:59

0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 29/05/09, 22:33

Re,

This debate on Rainwater / Tap water in the toilets becomes deeply philosophical!

oh well yes sorry but .... there is indeed a philosophical part in all that ... but not that, fortunately ..!
there is above all a lot of common sense, but which is only too little accepted because it calls too many things into question, especially our "good old habits" ......
this "good old traditional toilet" is so well anchored in our customs, in daily habits, in the passive collective spirit ...., so easy and comfortable to use ..., that few people accept it criticize and question it ....
especially to imagine adopting instead something taxed with a degrading image but nevertheless (and unfortunately) very distorted ..., even if the best for the protection of the environment .....!

TLB kézako ???

Teyelet to Lroute Bmastered
one of the large family of dry toilets.
but on the principle of liquid / solid non-separation, and joint treatment of animal / vegetable biomass by composting,
> hence: non-pollution and reintroduction to the earth in the form of humus so precious for our soils ...
> with the added bonus of 25% water savings (whatever it is!)

I often ask myself the question, for example, whether the compulsory connection to the sewer is an ecological measure

certainly not .. !!
pollution assured + high cost + huge waste of precious biomass .. !!

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Did67

by Did67 » 30/05/09, 11:07

little sparrow wrote:yesss, quite possible, easy and cheap ....
but that involves mixing city water (chlorinated!) and rainwater in the storage ...., which is detrimental to the natural quality of the rainwater .. !!

cordially

I was not clear enough: in the event that we install a cive to supply the toilets, the question above was the interconnection "between the drinking water network and this circuit (which must therefore be with a ...) I therefore proposed the idea of ​​not interconnecting and, in the event of a "dry out", of filling the tank bottom with water from the drinking water network. We would therefore have a "rupture". simple and a complement in case of drought ...

The "naurelle quality" of the rainwater for the toilets, and even the washing machine, I don't think this is a real problem ...

The problem would be a little different in the case of an independent power supply from the house, indeed ...
0 x