Treatment (enamelling?) Of a balloon heat exchanger?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Treatment (enamelling?) Of a balloon heat exchanger?

by Christophe » 14/12/07, 13:38

Following my installation a little special of our wood boiler (see details and links on this news installation and installation of a wood boiler ), I contacted the heating engineer who sold me the solar tank and he told me (which I was a little afraid of) that there would be a problem with the DHW exchanger mounted "backwards".

Indeed, the balloon and the exchangers have a ceramic treatment by enameling but only "inside" the balloon.

However, as some people know, I have sanitary water passed inside the heat exchanger designed to pass heating water (thus in a closed circuit). My friend told me that there would be - sooner or later - corrosion problems.

My question is: are there any products or methods to treat the inside of the heat exchanger so that it does not corrode (or bcp less)?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 14/12/07, 14:35

yes I think avori learned that in engineering school it must have been in 1ère S:
by electrolysis you can cover a metal with another metal.

comem what we forget everything!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/12/07, 14:53

Jonule you're a big clever : Mrgreen:

I obviously thought about electrolysis (that's what I was referring to with the word "method") ... what I'm missing is: is this possible on steel and with what (s) materials ? The ideal would be to do an internal enamelling ... but is this possible with little equipment? I don't even know how the balloons are glazed in the factory ...

If you answer that you will help me in my concern ... if not

:?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 14/12/07, 15:09

: Arrow: If you want to cover a conductive metal, with another conductive metal, you can make a metalization.
For example the coins of 1 Cent, 2 Cent and 5 cent d '€ uro are coins in common scrap (which rusts) and which one covers with copper (a few microns). The process is however very heavy and beyond the reach of the private individual, it requires very high electrical power (1200A for the process of the parts above) and sensitive chemicals which make the copper plating sites classified "SEVESO".

If you want to cover with "ceramic" I do not think that electrolysis is suitable because ceramic is not supposed to be conductive ...

Your problem is if I understand correctly to want to treat the inside of the spiral tube which plays the role of exchanger.
How can you control that the treatment is correct ???

I recommend instead to fill this circuit with an "inert" liquid approved for food that you will connect to an external stainless steel plate heat exchanger.

If someone has another idea ... :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/12/07, 15:27

citro wrote:Your problem is if I understand correctly to want to treat the inside of the spiral tube which plays the role of exchanger.

Absolutely!

citro wrote:How can you control that the treatment is correct ???

I couldn't do it, but the principle of an electrolysis is precisely to place the ions where there is the maximum difference in potential. So with a sufficient duration of treatment and an electric potential well "distributed" on the surface, there is no reason that it is not homogeneous if? Is a deposit of copper possible according to you and if yes must predict what thickness?

citro wrote:I recommend instead to fill this circuit with an "inert" liquid approved for food that you will connect to an external stainless steel plate heat exchanger.

If someone has another idea ... :|

With a plate heat exchanger, blah because that implies putting a 2nd circulator ... much too complicated, on the other hand in the same kind of idea, I thought to "tube" the exchanger with a flexible thing and by filling the "free" space (therefore between the tubing and the exchanger) of a "captive" fluid (water for example) ... remains to be seen if there is a "pipe" compatible with this: PER by chance ?

Problem to solve: the tightness of the captive fluid.
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 14/12/07, 15:54

I should try the experiment, I will circulate a solution
of copper sulphate after cleaning the circuit with
detergent or acid to be determined.
The copper sulphate will coat the inside of the copper pipe.
It is the stuff of oxydoreduction etc, it works very well.

When I was young I was using silver nitrate for
silver lead figurines.25 years later the last
lead piece that remains to me is still not tarnished.

Copper sulphate is very easy to find.And cheap, what
that with the price of copper rising ...

8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/12/07, 16:49

Rabbit wrote:The copper sulphate will coat the inside of the copper pipe. It is the stuff of oxydoreduction etc, it works very well.

Ben my exchanger is steel ... I do not understand your idea of ​​putting copper on ... copper :?:
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 14/12/07, 16:54

It is illusory to want to treat the interior in any way whatsoever, no "metallization" will hold on to the enamelling which is in fact ... a glass (high temperature fusion of a clay coating), and above all no copper (...) which is electropositive compared to steel, hello electrolysis : Mrgreen:
The only thing that can bring something back is a zinc or magnesium anode : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/12/07, 17:06

But chatman the exchanger is not glazed inside precisely ... or my problem if it was there would be no problem : Cheesy:
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 14/12/07, 17:10

Is this exchanger removable?
0 x