Emptying a lost well

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 31/03/08, 01:31

An empty cellar pump costs almost nothing.
From € 60 in normal times, otherwise it's € 49 on promotion.

I use one for my lost well (except it doesn't lose much
thing in winter) It has been in place for 3 years. No problem
to report. A timer makes it start twice a week towards
1 am in the morning. This avoids being annoyed by daytime odors.

The most expensive is ultimately the hose to drain the water, but
It obviously depends on the distance to be covered.

Soon it will be ancient history because I will have to
install a mini treatment plant and a lagoon.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 31/03/08, 08:34

it's not 7 meters, it's 1 meter. the submerged part of the pipe does not create resistance to overcome.
in the past I air-conditioned my workshop by watering the roofs with such a pump, from the water table which is about 4 meters away. even if the filling of the pump body is not perfect, it should hang while braking at the outlet.

do you have a corrugated pipe on the side of the well, one that cannot be crushed?
0 x
evin1969
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by evin1969 » 31/03/08, 20:10

Thank you very much for all these precisions :P

We finally got there!

As looping suggested to me, I therefore filled the grooved pipe (thank you Philippe :P ) and the whole pump before launching it into the well and immediately starting the pump.
It was therefore a problem of priming, because the surface of the water is only two meters but it is necessary to pump over the entire height of the well which is estimated at 8 m (according to the information found on the internet on the standard of a lost well).

We removed the check valve which obviously had a spring too powerful for this small pump.

The level has already gone down in an hour and so we will start the operation again tomorrow for the rest.

We are expecting dry weather for the next three days and therefore we should get there.

Thank you for your help.
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "