Am I in the right place?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Josyl
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Am I in the right place?

by Josyl » 03/07/06, 08:57

I just connected to this site which interests me a lot when it comes to saving energy.
I got my 3000 l steel fuel tank, which is buried. at least 20 years ago, I cleaned it, painted it several times and the problem that I have always remains the same, the water is ferruginous, it shows traces of rust on the toilets. : Evil:
the solution: a rubber membrane, a special paint, sticking fiberglass with resin, questions that I ask myself, namely the risks of the implementation :?:
if anyone knows, thank him for answering me :D
0 x
there is only one nature, it is irreplaceable, respect the
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Am I in the right place?

by denis » 03/07/06, 20:23

hello, for the poly.fiber glass, it must be done inside: hello gas, if you're not used to this work, forget, otherwise treatment of rust by converter, then coating with liquid rubber or tar ..
0 x
Josyl
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

rusting tank

by Josyl » 04/07/06, 13:54

Hi Denis
thank you for your answer, this is what I thought about fiberglass, however could you give me more explanation regarding the product "converter" liquid rubber, how to find it? A + :P
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 04/07/06, 14:50

Hello

the converter = phosphoric acid; brushes well waits 24 hours and rinses thoroughly with water.

2 coats of polyhurethane paint with the primer which goes well over its step also for the finish, provides combined and quality mask otherwise you will morfler.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 04/07/06, 16:07

I read somewhere that if rainwater tended to rust iron tanks, it was mainly due to its acidity. However, it is possible to correct this acidity in a fairly simple way by immersing in your tank a block of chalk or limestone which is replaced as soon as it has been "eaten" by the acidity.

Perhaps you could test this solution before considering heavier (and more expensive) solutions?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Am I in the right place?

by denis » 04/07/06, 22:45

the converter type frameto works well 30eur / L or cheaper but more fragile rustol (polyuretane paint prohibited and other quick-drying). The phosphoric acid pickles and sulphate rust but the dosage is delicate, and it is a dangerous acid, after the liquid rubber, at rubson, brico mag.
good luck!
0 x
Josyl
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

rusting tank

by Josyl » 06/07/06, 08:27

Hi friends
thank you all for your positive responses :D
I have something to take care of and I will follow your advice.
A + :P
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "