Dishwasher on solar hot water (or gas, oil)?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 05/08/11, 18:58

I will do a series of measurements on the LV to confirm, next week.
For the LL I had doubled the controls so it seems safe to me.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
Did67

by Did67 » 06/08/11, 12:11

1) Again, I find it odd, but I don't mean to imply that the measurements are not good. We always understood each other, we're not going to start quibbling!

2) I remember a recent post on a calibration of the Ecowatt meter ... which gave false results (half, precisely, if I remember correctly). Christophe, if he goes there, may find it?

3) Maybe do a check on a device of known power and continuous operation: like kettle of so and so many watts for so many minutes?
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 07/08/11, 18:24

Hello,
No problem between us .... As already said.
I prefer to repeat the LV measurements; I could have made a mistake and it surprised me too, I thought better.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 17/08/11, 21:51

Hi,
Checks for the LV
Manufacturer data:
-Time program, 30 min, 40 ° C, 10 L of water, 0,65 kWh.
- Eco program, 128 min, 50 ° C, 13L of water, 1,24 kWh.
Use of the chrono program.
With cold water from the network T ° = 15 ° C; 0,53 kWh.
With hot water at T ° = 40/41 ° C; 0,35 kWh.
Economy: 0,18 kWh.

The economy should have been: delta T 25 ° C.
0,0116 x 25 = 0,29 kWh.
Measuring device to check? or take into account that the cycle is shorter, much less than 30 min. I will time it.

About consumption ... a cordless phone on its base, 0,08 kWh for 24 h recharging batteries or not. In a week, like 1 cycle of LV! ....

JC
0 x
fredericponcet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Hot water supply to the washing machine

by fredericponcet » 30/07/14, 15:49

that's it ! It's been a year (or two) since I bought the equipment, I finally took the time to make the connections for the hot water supply to the washing machine.

The hot water is heated by a gas water heater.

First test, on an "eco" program 30 minutes at 30 ° C (the one we use most often): it consumed about 600 Wh, it only consumes about 200 ... the 400 Wh for heating water is therefore now supplied by gas.

Balance in primary energy: we consumed 1800 Wh (3 * 600), we only consumed 1000 (3 * 200 + 400). Or 44% less primary energy!

All that remains is to do the same thing on the dishwasher, and to test on the washing machine's 60 ° C program (the relative gain will be lower because my mixer delivers water at 55 ° C: it there will therefore remain a residual share of electric heating, but the gain in absolute value will be much greater).

In our case this is only true in winter, when our electricity production largely depends on the generator (we live on a boat). In summer, our electricity production is 100% photovoltaic, therefore 0 kWh of "primary" origin in the classic sense ... In short, using this system at the moment amounts, in our case, to producing CO2 whereas before we did not 'weren't producing any at all!
But the interest for us is to be able to use the washing machine in any season without necessarily starting the generator, and to extend the life of the battery by limiting the current that we draw on it and its rate of discharge.

By cons in winter the gain will be real across the board, since our electricity in winter actually comes, more than 80%, from a primary source (fuel oil, in this case).

PS consumption is estimated from the measurement of the energy taken from the battery. This is measured in Ah so for an exact conversion to Wh it would require an integral calculation since the battery voltage varies ... I took the average voltage observed over a year. And I skipped parasitic consumption (lighting a lamp from time to time, fridge ...) that's why I give approximate values. But they did come from a measurement and not from a theoretical calculation.
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Dishwasher on solar hot water (or gas, oil?

by hic » 30/07/14, 17:32

Christophe wrote:Everything is in the title, Why do not we systematically connect a dishwasher on the ECS (domestic hot water), preferably solar? This in order to save a few hundred kWh electric year round?

hi Christophe
In other words For solar

This allows us to consume the summer overproduction that we usually throw in the energy bin,
and reduce the risk of overheating and leaking tubes.
- provided you consume at the same time as the production

Quite to have no more reserves for the next day,
because. . . what is consumed will no longer be consumed (excluding waste)

The ideal of storage / distribution is not to store,
and consume at the same time and on the places of production,
as do the German industrialists in the North of Germany who start their production units within 1/4 of an hour after the gale begins.
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Dishwasher on solar hot water (or gas, oil?)?

by A.D. 44 » 04/12/19, 13:03

Hello everyone,

Late reactivation of the wire ...

Do you have model references (current since 2011) of double entry dishwasher (for solar)?

Do you have any at home?

What are your observations and observations?

I thank you in advance.

Armel

P. S: I'm talking about a dishwasher and not a washing machine.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 04/12/19, 13:20

My dishwasher and my washing machine are connected to the solar. Logic, my hot water is solar (with extra resistance).
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 04/12/19, 15:07

In this season, it might be better to heat the water on site (in the machine) than to use the booster heater and lose energy in the pipes ...?

Do you have two double entry machines?
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 04/12/19, 17:08

dede2002 wrote:In this season, it might be better to heat the water on site (in the machine) than to use the booster heater and lose energy in the pipes ...?

Do you have two double entry machines?

The washing machine is 50cm from the solar hot water tank. The dishwasher is in the kitchen, not far, so little loss in the pipes. An entry in the dishwasher, a hot / cold water tap (with thermostat) on the washing machine.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)