Dismantling faucet seized (discount, Chinese?) Indestructible Vs Grohe Kiwa!

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Re: Disassembling faucet seized (discount, Chinese?) Indestructible Vs Grohe Kiwa!

by Christophe » 22/01/19, 15:17

The answer to my last question: https://www.lesechos.fr/22/09/2017/LesE ... -noire.htm

Often confused, bathroom champions Grohe and Hansgrohe come from the same Swabian family. Founded in the early twentieth century, they have accompanied the rise of sanitary products in Europe ... and today work on the intelligent shower.

And in the middle flow two rivers. A wooden bridge, tidy half-timbered houses nestling on the green hillsides. Welcome to Schiltach, a postcard village lost in a valley of the Black Forest, where an eponymous tributary flows into the Kinzig. This quiet town of 4000 inhabitants is the cradle of two faucet producers whose fame has far exceeded the peaks of the valley: Hansgrohe and Grohe. Coming from the same family, they sell today their mixers and chrome shower heads around the world. You may not have noticed, but you must have showered with them dozens of times at the hotel.

(...)

The rest of the article is interesting too!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Disassembling faucet seized (discount, Chinese?) Indestructible Vs Grohe Kiwa!

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/02/19, 00:33

It's been a while since I wanted to answer your post but it came out of my mind every time.

We also fell victim to a faucet : Mrgreen: that of our sink.

When we arrived in the house, the original house was leaking at the base.
As we can see he had already damaged the wood

adr_2610.jpg
adr_2610.jpg (57.99 Kio) Viewed 4543 times

As we had to count with the opening of the window we opted for a folding faucet different from that of the photo but it is to illustrate the thing

Robinet_cuisine.jpg
Robinet_cuisine.jpg (25.78 Kio) Viewed 4540 times

It lasted a year before fleeing too at the joint of the hinge to fold it: it's clever : Evil:

We looked to the left to something that should IMPERATIVELY allow us to open the window.

It was then that we had the idea to ogle the world of caravans, camper and boats

And that's where we found our happiness for a very acceptable price and in addition with a hose length (shower style) of 1m20 VERY VERY VERY practical in everyday life and two functions jet and shower, again very practical

Faucet-olivia-and-spray-removable non-ff1.jpg
faucet-mixer-olivia-and-handshower-removable-non-ff1.jpg (13.03 KIO) Viewed 4543 times

https://www.ruedelamer.com/ensemble-rob ... vible.html

Since no problem ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/02/19, 10:31

nico239 wrote:It was then that we had the idea to ogle the world of caravans, camper and boats

And that's where we found our happiness for a very acceptable price and in addition with a hose length (shower style) of 1m20 VERY VERY VERY practical in everyday life and two functions jet and shower, again very practical

Uh it is not to discourage you but this model looks like the tap that was the origin of this topic! : Mrgreen:

What I found in the brico of the corner elsewhere:

How long have you been riding it? Mine lasted about 4 years ... after that is not exactly the same model!

Yes the flexible function was practical that was why I had also chosen this model 2014 (the flexible lack a little with the grohe but you get used quickly ...)
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/02/19, 10:37

Image I think it's the same no?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/02/19, 10:41

Not exactly because the pommel looks different (more plastic ... at least on the picture you put) ... I hope for you! Otherwise in 2 or 3 years you're good to re-read this topic to see how to disassemble ... you're going to shit! : Mrgreen:

After that probably remains in the same quality of manufacture ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/02/19, 10:43

Christophe wrote:Not exactly because the head of the pommel looks different ... I hope for you! Otherwise in 2 or 3 years you're good to re-read this topic to see how to disassemble ... you're going to shit! : Mrgreen:

After that probably remains in the same quality of manufacture ...

I do not have the impression, you press on a rubber to go from the jet to the shower ....

For now RAS ... and super simple editing but I'm almost certain it's the same.

Do you have a flexible 1.20 with?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/02/19, 10:49

Yes that's it but look at my head: it seems more convex than yours and there is not the apparent plastic part ... I just measured, with the handle of the pommel, the hose is 1m10 ... in free length 1m ...

You're lucky I have not yet brought the tap to the dump! : Cheesy:

ps: look at the "real" photos at the start of this topic, to compare if it's exactly the same ..
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/02/19, 11:18

Christophe wrote:Yes that's it but look at my head: it seems more convex than yours and there is not the apparent plastic part ... I just measured, with the handle of the pommel, the hose is 1m10 ... in free length 1m ...

You're lucky I have not yet brought the tap to the dump! : Cheesy:

ps: look at the "real" photos at the start of this topic, to compare if it's exactly the same ..

Image if it's bulging too and there's rubber too ...

In case I will take photos but I am sure now that it is the same.

Tonight I check the whole system to see where the deterioration is.

How long did he make you yours?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/02/19, 11:31

Ok it's the photo that misled me then (or that is not 100% the product you bought ...)

For the duration bin ... roooh must read! I just say it again! A little over 4 but I live alone most of the time ... so divide this time roughly by the number of people who use it! : Cheesy:

And hop, in January, a big leak one morning without warning (after opening for coffee) at the ceramic on hot water ... obliged to close the hot water time for repair ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/02/19, 11:44

Hold an interesting remark I think for the life of faucets: the ram's blows!

My hydraulic network is sensitive to water hammers on this water point (kitchen).
Every time the tap was closed, we heard a big hammer.

So I quickly installed a system anti-ram (10 € -15 € memory) cold water side and since no noise. It is a kind of hydraulic shock absorber: a mini expansion tank in short.

The January leak on hot water could have been avoided if I had installed 2? Logically it is not necessary since the hydraulic networks hot / cold are related ... In short all this to say that the water hammers deteriorate much faster the valves of average quality (and welds etc ...) ...

Little anecdote: my previous kitchen faucet (one Hansgrohe please) had started fleeing because 2 stuffers (kind heavyweight boxer 130 kg / 1m85) from the local water company had come to take samples ... and these big dicks were manipulating the cock like assholes, kind big slap in the mouth of the cock with an arm 20 kg to close, I was next to never seen such brutality (on a cock at least) ...

The cock started to flee the next day (drip on the head) ... Certainly related to these 2 idiots !!!

The anti-ram system was already in place, but when we do not respect the mechanics ... in short ...

I should have made a mail to the water company! She gets fat well by charging the m3 10 € water-pumping-filtration / swe-the-company-wallonne-of-water-10-m3-t14719.html ... I was too nice on this one! : Evil:
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "