Cut the tray of a shower

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Matrue
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Cut the tray of a shower

by Matrue » 23/04/15, 20:14

: XNUMX: Hi, I'm bothered to find a shower cabin for the interior of my yurt because I planned to place it under the mezzanine where the height is very limited. Also, I wonder, can we cut the bin on the height, keeping enough for the evacuation?
If not, any other ideas?

To read ...
0 x
Matrue
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Matrue » 24/04/15, 20:28

Uhh, nobody is inspired by my question :-( ??
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 25/04/15, 09:18

Hello,

A little diagram could help to clarify the situation ...

- There are low height shower trays.

- Or could we not dig in the ground in order to embed the shower tray and its drain? Or better yet, installing a shower without a tray, on one level, it's fashionable, it's called the "walk-in shower".

Qty.
0 x
Matrue
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Matrue » 26/04/15, 07:34

Thank you, the shower trays of the lowest height are apparently 1.88, it would be pil hair which would be suitable not to cut, but to find is another matter ...
Cutting out the ground was my first idea, but I was discouraged from doing it on a forum dedicated to plumbing.
For the diagram, a description should suffice: the ceiling is made of chevron supporting the mezzanine floor, & on the floor, a 24 mm parquet, 10 cm of sheep's wool, then an 8 or 10 osb board.
My idea was to reinforce the osb from below (it's a yurt on stilts) & to cut the interior parquet to embed the cabin tray (full).

The Italian shower is not suitable in my case because my yurt must stay theoretically removable, point of cement. [/ b]
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 26/04/15, 10:19

Hello,

Could we not reduce the total height (1,88 m) by removing by cutting, before assembly, 5 or 10 cm from the upper part at the junction tray / receiver?

In this case, we do not touch the tray / receiver, the evacuation or the mechanics at the top of the cabin (hinges or slides).

It seems feasible since it is not glass and a reduced interior height of -5 or -10 cm would be suitable.

:?:
0 x
Matrue
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Matrue » 27/04/15, 18:04

In fact, I have already found a small, second-hand shower enclosure, & so it's already fitted ... it must be resin, if that helps ...
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 28/04/15, 16:07

Matrue wrote:In fact, I have already found a small, second-hand shower enclosure, & so it's already fitted ... it must be resin, if that helps ...

Bah ..., I think it is easier to reduce the total height by removing a few cm above the tray, rather than attacking the tray itself.

Otherwise, I throw in the towel ... :D
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "