Connected Objects, IoT, IoT

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Connected Objects, IoT, IoT

by GuyGadebois » 03/07/20, 13:57

phil59 wrote:Bidet is a horse.

Thank you, I didn't know. My apologies, Izy.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 03/07/20, 16:05

Whether it is a bidet, a donkey, a bovine or a nag, the species does nothing for the affair! This is why it would have been useful to know and understand beforehand the principle of the IoT to make the right choices.

That said, I have not given the specifications of the specific project on which I am working, and I understand the questions and comments.

But let's take another example, perhaps easier to define, which explains why the possible proximity to the connected object is not a criterion:

A garden maintenance company manages automatic watering, and the manager wants to be able to interrogate the different watering schedules in the gardens for which he is responsible and which are located in one or more distant places, and this in order to possibly modify them. (change of watering schedules, addition / deletion of a watering cycle, etc.).
He can have in return the information, for example, that the gardens are too dry (feedback from a probe or a sensor), or verify that everything went well, namely that the watering went off correctly at the scheduled time or at the scheduled time.

So .... we come back to the following steps: application on a pc or smartphone, transmission network top-down and bottom-up information, local system which triggers automatic watering ... is that clearer?

A sketch should be made for this type of installation in order to be able to advance on each of the stages.

NB: out of curiosity I just did a research on "connected" watering programmers and indeed the big brands already offer connected products! I'm going to see how they run their system and what these programmers do, but I have a feeling it's bluetooth, so local.
Last edited by Grelinette the 03 / 07 / 20, 16: 10, 1 edited once.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 03/07/20, 16:09

And that is not enough (and for water and for triggering the feeder tank)?
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/07/20, 16:17

Of course Guy. Grelinette has the art of wanting to make sheep on five legs without ever answering the questions asked.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 03/07/20, 16:18

GuyGadebois wrote:And that is not enough (and for water and for triggering the feeder tank)?

Finally GuyGadebois, it's just a simple programmer that you offer me! : roll:
In addition, it plugs into 220 volts ... imagine the extension it takes to go from my home to the horse park, especially when I put them in the neighbor's field 500 m from my home ! : Mrgreen: (having said that while passing by the neighbor's living room I am gaining well 30 m!)

I remind you that the local automation is already developed and works well in mode in digital (cf. "I press the button with my finger") to program meal times. (see the first version of the barzouf here )

What would be better now is the remote consultation and management by smartphone or pc .... even if, I see you coming to tell me: the "best" is the enemy of the "good"! : Cheesy:
Last edited by Grelinette the 03 / 07 / 20, 16: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 03/07/20, 16:19

Okay, I didn't realize there was no electricity in this place. Pity.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 03/07/20, 16:56

There are possible tricks.

But you will need a mini GSM chip, or install a WiFi terminal.

Where I work, I had installed a wifi bridge between 2 points, with APs, all for around 300 €, which could carry up to 5 km ... Me, I had 2-300m, and right there 'eye, by targeting the other terminal, it went well. For 2-3 years I rebooted once or twice the 2 AP ...

Since we passed a fiber between the 2 points, but the wifi bridge works very well. I do not know the consumption, I would have to look, but I think that with a small solar panel, and a battery, it will do it without worry.

At home, I control the boiler, lighting, etc, with sonoff boxes. I also have a probe on the buffer tank of the heat pump and the wood stove, which gives me the tp at all times, and if tp too low, the boiler trips to add the extra ... Good, that's 220V, but we also find 12V, and it's the voltage of a battery ...
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/07/20, 17:02

GuyGadebois wrote:Okay, I didn't realize there was no electricity in this place. Pity.

This is not a problem for a handyman. In general, the relay and the electronics operate on 12 or 24 V, easy to supply with PV and battery. Your watering timer must have cost a lot more.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 03/07/20, 19:31

izentrop wrote:Of course Guy. Grelinette has the art of wanting to make sheep on five legs without ever answering the questions asked.

He tends to drown in a glass of water ...
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 03/07/20, 22:10

Forhorse wrote:
izentrop wrote:Of course Guy. Grelinette has the art of wanting to make sheep on five legs without ever answering the questions asked.

He tends to drown in a glass of water ...

Rhôôô lala, how old-fashioned you are! : roll:

Well ... what are the questions that I did not answer? ....

For drowning in a glass of water, it is sure that I must row at the bottom to make you understand the principle of the system (which is however simple)! : Cheesy:
It's not complicated: I want to be able to manage an automatic system remotely by a wireless network with my smartphone, and from what I understood, it is called the technology of the "Connected Object" which enters in the field of IoT or IoT.

This project is not a sheep with 5 legs, it is innovation : Mrgreen: .... And why would the principle of managing torment meals from a distance be less honorable than opening cow barriers nearby? Each his own !

It's crazy how you go to get hairs on eggs! But luckily, I am doing the first brushing up of the project to start laying the foundations, and I am sure that it will give ideas to others because I think that the principle of the IoT of a project is applicable. many others.

Well, we talk, we talk, and we move away from the subject ... Despite everything, already a lot of interesting ideas that I discovered, not all usable in this case (because no 220v on hand) but interesting (sonoff box, mini gsm chip, arduino, etc ...), even if some proposals are for the moment gibberish for me, but as my grandmother used to say: "We must continue to climb the mountain regardless of its high, the victory is at the end if we persevere in perseverance "...

That said, I note that the subject still interests more than one: almost already 500 views and more than 40 responses in 1 day!
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "