Concrete VS acid for recovery tank, service life?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
pady6
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Concrete VS acid for recovery tank, service life?

by pady6 » 18/03/08, 15:51

hello everyone, I'm new here and that's normal, because I project and when we project and we don't want to be smoked by salespeople who manage to sell vacuum and well it is better to look for information where there is Neutrality (hello Switzerland)

According to the information that I managed to glean: concrete naturally regulates the pH of rainwater, the question is according to what surface ratio and in how long (if my tank is 3cubes how long will I have to leave the water inside before you see the Ph not cutting all my joints)?

thanks for your advices
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 18/03/08, 16:03

Hello !

normally concrete is solid for a long time;

yes it allows to re-mineralize an "acid" rainwater ... to drink it!

but if it is just returned to the water network = showers, baths, washing machines, it is better not to return limestone minerals, because the goal is to get rid of it so as not to clog the pipes and make + effective detergents (to put less).

So would a plastic tub be meditated?

but buried of course, to avoid the formation of bacteria in summer and frost in winter.

I would rather be oriented concrete tank for the realization and indoor pool liner!

a good site for the concrete tank:
http://www.eautarcie.com/Eautarcie/3.Eau_de_pluie/A.Construire_la_citerne.htm
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/03/08, 16:25

jonule wrote:So would a plastic tub be meditated?

Jonule who advocates plastic ???? : Shock:

Are you sure you didn't mean: straw? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 18/03/08, 17:07

Shhh!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/03/08, 17:13

Rooh but uh :)

It was humor and Jonule makes it good eh !?
0 x
pady6
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by pady6 » 18/03/08, 17:38

Jonule and Christophe hello,

Ok for drinking water; it's Osmosis (please don't launch a debate on it, at least not now) when we have solved the primary concern (uh prime time)

"Acid" water and Joints don't mix well (dangerous cocktail, joints and acids) Just kidding .....

So that's my concern: I was told that the injection of rainwater into the washing machine was to call SAV DARTY much earlier than expected ... and you to I am not sure that the mom appreciates very much to be obliged to pass the mop to the laundry room because a joint to slammed .... or repetitive interventions on the water heaters

you're talking to me about PE tanks too; there it is the displayed prices that make my head hurt ....
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Concrete VS acid for recovery tank, service life?

by Leo Maximus » 18/03/08, 18:09

pady6 wrote:hello everyone, I'm new here and that's normal, because I project and when we project and we don't want to be smoked by salespeople who manage to sell vacuum and well it is better to look for information where there is Neutrality (hello Switzerland)

According to the information that I managed to glean: concrete naturally regulates the pH of rainwater, the question is according to what surface ratio and in how long (if my tank is 3cubes how long will I have to leave the water inside before you see the Ph not cutting all my joints)?

thanks for your advices

What is the pH of your rainwater?
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 18/03/08, 18:24

pady6 wrote:Ok for drinking water; it's Osmosis

How about icing on an Old Paddy? Iron water ... iron ... iron ore?

Last edited by Christine the 18 / 03 / 08, 18: 28, 1 edited once.
0 x
pady6
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by pady6 » 18/03/08, 18:25

I do not know that of rainwater (lol) not measured and today is rather beautiful here so ....

but in view of your question, actually hello; I suppose that the acid action can differ from one day to another or from one region to another .... is that it?
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 18/03/08, 18:40

pady6 wrote:I do not know that of rainwater (lol) not measured and today is rather beautiful here so ....
but in view of your question, actually hello; I suppose that the acid action can differ from one day to another or from one region to another .... is that it?

Rainwater is acidic, it's well known, everyone says, and who would have the idea of ​​measuring the pH and contesting it? Well yes, there is someone: me. Observation: whatever the direction of the wind, the measured pH of rainwater in my home is 7. So here the rainwater is neutral contrary to what I was told at Jardiland next door. At Jardiland I was also told that the earth here is very acid, so you have to add lime, available in abundance on the shelf, to neutralize. So I also measured the pH of my land and ... surprise! it is not at all acidic but basic! with a pH of 8,5.

To measure the pH of rainwater you can buy a Tetratest kit which is used in aquariums. It's cheap (6 euros?) And precise. In the kit there is enough to perform a dozen tests.

My rainwater is neutral even when the wind is blowing west-east and the clouds pass over the Donges refinery.
Last edited by Leo Maximus the 21 / 03 / 08, 07: 56, 1 edited once.
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "