plastic oil tank cleaning water to retrieve?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sebarmageddon » 25/02/11, 17:55

for the paint thinner, I prefer to avoid burning it, or else at the limit provide a few liters to do the first cleaning of the tank and finally empty the waste into cans that I would put in the landfill
but hey, if the dishwashing liquid cleans as much, then I would probably avoid paint thinner

in any case, thank you for all the info then
I think now I have the basics for cleaning the tank, will remain to put them into practice
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 25/02/11, 18:14

At one time I was looking for a house to buy, and I visited one that was part of an old oil store. All the earth around had received fuel oil and that did not prevent the weeds from growing all the way. I suspect that in small doses it is rather a fertilizer.

If it's to water the lawn, empty the fuel oil and the sludge you can, and use it as is.
Otherwise, actually the laundry detergent seems to destroy the fuel oil, and even the smell. But as this will not make your tank suitable for storing drinking water, it would only be additional pollution.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/11, 18:21

Philippe Schutt wrote:At one time I was looking for a house to buy, and I visited one that was part of an old oil store. All the earth around had received fuel oil and that did not prevent the weeds from growing all the way. I suspect that in small doses it is rather a fertilizer.

If it's to water the lawn, empty the fuel oil and the sludge you can, and use it as is.
Otherwise, actually the laundry detergent seems to destroy the fuel oil, and even the smell. But as this will not make your tank suitable for storing drinking water, it would only be additional pollution.

Hi Phillipe

Mhhh! The liquid dish soap is not harmful to the lawn but I would not say the same for the laundry soap!

To kill earwigs we use it without harming the vegetation!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 25/02/11, 18:32

:D
I can't say ... The advantage is that you can swing it dry on fuel oil, a bit like sawdust, and it absorbs it. it gives a water-soluble mud.
I used this method once to empty a metal tank before cutting it into small pieces and it didn't explode
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/02/11, 18:42

Philippe Schutt wrote::D
I can't say ... The advantage is that you can swing it dry on fuel oil, a bit like sawdust, and it absorbs it. it gives a water-soluble mud.
I used this method once to empty a metal tank before cutting it into small pieces and it didn't explode

On occasion I collect oil tanks to recycle them in a barbecue pan for a friend and I only empty and drain them, then I cut them with plasma without the fire taking fire, of course we take care burn them with an excessive amount of wood to make sure not to poison anyone (for septic tanks).
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain
Bernie 38
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Cleaning plastic oil tank to collect water?

by Bernie 38 » 18/12/20, 09:38

Hello,

I know I am digging up a prehistoric topic! But today I am in exactly the same situation with you sebarmageddon ... And I would like to know how your story ended ... Are you using your tank? Did the cleaning work?
Thank you very much
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "