Clean your rainwater collection tank ???

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 15/02/09, 13:06

How is the connection between the roof descent and
the pipe that goes to the tank?
There may be runoff water
this level with regard to the tank.

If possible make us a photo of these different places.
Earth does not come from heaven, so there must be a
leak somewhere.

As for the sand of the Sahara, I don't really believe it
unless you are located in Morocco or one of its neighbors.
It seems that it has been raining a lot lately.
0 x
salsitawapa
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by salsitawapa » 15/02/09, 13:51

I have 3 roof descents and 3 looks. The first goes in the 2nd and the 2nd in the 3rd. The third goes into the tank. I looked inside and there is indeed a little soil inside while I washed them at the same time as the tank ... There is 3 look caught in concrete (I will put expansive foam around the pipe which part in the 1nd look). The 2nd look, I would remove the gravel around to put concrete and in the last there is a masonry silicone joint ... It is located at the same level as the earth so I will dig 2 cm. I will also take the opportunity to plug the drainage hole of each manhole with concrete. We will see what will happen. I will try to take photos this afternoon.
Thank you
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 15/02/09, 14:17

There are the birds. There may be bats, rodents.
There may be the remains of pollens or treatments from nearby crops, dust from a new factory that has changed its production.
A cement decomposition of the roof
The neighbor who comes to pee every night on your eyes ...
: Cheesy:
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 15/02/09, 15:04

Where are you ?

In the Alps, the Kippur desert, at the bottom of a ravine?

The photos, of all the elements seems essential to me, be careful not to take them in too high resolution! (6.000.000 pixels) you will not be able to upload them! With some digital camera it is possible to choose the resolution in 600x800 it's good!

If not, something cheap you install Picassa3 on your machine and you choose File, Export the photo to the files (ctrl + Shift + S) and you create a folder on your desktop then when you are ready you will only have 'look for the link in blue and below the window used to write messages: Insert an image or a file on the forum, click here. And presto you do the rest!
Need a helping hand Skype me we are also there for that :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 15/02/09, 16:57

even in angouleme it is not uncommon to see sand fall: I do not know if it comes from the Sahara but it is quite possible: we especially note on cars a thin layer of dust color of yellow sand

it does not pose any problem for my rainwater: it settles immediately at the bottom of the tanks and the water is as clear as usual

other remarks whatever brings the disorder it is not necessary that each new rain stirs the whole tank

so you don't need too much roof surface for a too small tank, or otherwise you need a super anti-turbulance system

what is your roof area?

if it is a large area and you do not want to lose a drop of water in heavy rain you need a second tank, which will fill quickly, and then transfer more gently to the second

we can also have a doubt about the cement tiles: in what condition are they? watches that start to fall apart, or new ones that still release an additive from their manufacture

to get to the bottom of it, temporarily install a small tank and sometimes fill it with another sheet metal or plastic roof, sometimes with your cement tiles
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 15/02/09, 17:21

In Belgium too, we had Saharan sand on our streets!

But, this does not disturb the rainwater, not of a dog! : Cheesy:
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
salsitawapa
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by salsitawapa » 15/02/09, 17:24

Here I think it comes from the last look ... I could not put expensive foam at the bottom, what do you think if I make a mortar chappe at the bottom so that I can plug the holes of the 2 pipes at the bottom (hole between the pipe and the manhole)?
For the roof surface, I use 1 side and 1/4 on the other side. My house is 100m2 in total for the roof I do not know ... In short now I am sure it is this look because there is sand and earth on the bottom ... What do you think of my tip with the mortar ?
Thank you

In the photo we see expensive foam that I just put on cracks that are already filled with masonry joint (I did it a while ago and I don't see any trace of soil). By cons it looks like the earth comes from the 2 bottom pipe ...
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 15/02/09, 19:08

In view of the photo I suggest you to macone a chassis
cover with cast iron cover. Fill the seal with
petroleum jelly * and that should solve your problem.

On sale by:
http://www.leboutte.be/catalogue_FR_Bat ... isite.html

They may be doing export, with a little
luck the transport is cheaper when it is in
postal workers are cheaper by
over there .

* Vaseline is used to prevent earthworms from passing.
It is non-toxic and lasts over time. AT LEAST 10 years
By experience. Optionally, also prevents water from passing.
0 x
salsitawapa
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by salsitawapa » 15/02/09, 19:21

I have one !!! I just have to recover it on the sewage manhole (I did not fix it) and I put the one of this manhole (concrete) in place of the other ... For the pipes at the bottom, you think my idea is good? Namely masonry around the pipes inside the manhole (and even on the left part which is not great)? Because I can dig but the concern is that there is the pipe on our right is under the terrace ...
Thanks for the reply
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 15/02/09, 20:18

It’s best to have good connections,
but I have a feeling that the earth comes from above and
no of these fittings.

It would also be interesting to clean this well
connection because it doesn't look too neat.
In addition to the juice and the soil there are plaques of bacteria which
float. I bet there are earthworms dead in the mud
and that once stirred it must smell of rage.Image
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "