Brita filters

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/04/06, 12:27

bebeours wrote:On the other hand, if someone could tell me what they think of the idea cited here above concerning supermarket bottles.

Well, I mentioned it above ...
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 05/04/06, 13:52

I come to your rescue, babies

Yes, it seems logical to me that it is better to consume filtered tap water than canned water, for the reasons you said. Even if surely there are better solutions, as Econology says, it is a simple means that does not require a large installation (when you are a tenant, for example).
0 x
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 06/04/06, 21:13

I don't understand what you have against tap water. Here in Geneva, it is often said that tap water is better than bottled water.
I guess in most of France it's the same thing

I prefer to drink tap water than water that has been stuck in a filter for hours. Besides, I only use the filters for the water we are going to cook, it avoids having a layer of lime on all the pans.

In addition if there is something left in the tap water, it makes the antibodies work : Cheesy:

Another example, it seems that an American who drinks tap water in Europe will be sick, he can't stand it. Their water is too sanitized !!!
To be confirmed
0 x
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bebeours » 06/04/06, 23:19

it is not a question of bacteria, nor of water depotability.
I have always trusted the quality of tap water and even if I live in Charleroi (Belgium) for those who know, I am convinced that the water has always been drinkable, except in case of contamination, but there, we are entitled to a civil protection alert service.

The problem is closing it. So the water has a taste that is not terrible and that spoils the pleasure of drinking and that can spoil a meal.

This is why I filter my water.
As for the bacteria that thrives in the filter, there is only one place where they can come from, that is tap water itself. The tap which can itself be a place of stagnation. I think that the filter which is nevertheless an object of purification is less subject to bacterial development than a simple copper pipe.
0 x
zouzou75
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zouzou75 » 23/04/06, 18:08

For the taste of chlorine: it evaporates after a few hours in the open air. So just let the tap water sit in a carafe ... and the taste is gone!

For Brita decanters: the source (a priori reliable!) Which finds its ineffectiveness is What to choose (see on the site, but the articles are chargeable).
It is a result based on the tests of several decanters of this type, and I just attach the balance sheet:
Best choice

No better choice this time. Faithful readers of our tests will no doubt be surprised by this absence. Especially with an overall rating of 14/20, the Brita decanter and its competitor Kenwood did not deserve it. No question, however, of recommending these models. The analyzes carried out on a certain number of readers demonstrate that, in use, filtration in a carafe leads to an increase in the quantity of bacteria present in the water. However, microbial risk remains the major health problem of drinking water. It is unacceptable to degrade it on this point. We therefore refuse to advise a model.

It disappointed me a little on the spot, because I intended to start ... But by rummaging on the sites of my Town Hall, I concluded that yes, the water from my tap was very good as ....
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 23/04/06, 18:56

Hello
I also think that the water from the aqueduct when it leaves the treatment plant is (sanitary good,)
but what about the tap in the house, after having circulated for several km of conduit knowing the many known and unknown leaks on the water network, and
the age of certain conduits, there is up to seeing the residue which leaves the conduits after a repair following a rupture of the conduit, or even simply after a simple interuption of water, there is only to purge the hot water tank to see what comes out of the ..

it's a good idea before you drink this straight from the tap
the tap water comes from the rivers or the river in our case, when I see the big liners parading on the river, scraping the bottom making a furrow of gray mud behind. The purpose of the fields of purifications, sewers, warehouses of snow and calcium pick up in the cities and which finishes melting in the month of June all this cohonnerie is found in the river, it is enough to walk on the banks of the river to see everything that walks in the water, and we are told that it is drinkable, possible? to wash the car or water the lawn OK.
Good water is that of distant lakes in the north that you can drink directly.

Andre
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 05/05/06, 13:54

Christine wrote: In France, there are only whole cartridges, with their disposable plastic shell. Why not just change the crystals?

Hello,

We now find, in most organic stores, a batch consisting
    - a "generic" cartridge which adapts to the majority of filter jugs and which has the particularity of having a lid which opens.
    - a certain number of sachets containing the filtering principle to refill the cartridge.

I can't remember the price anymore, but when I bought this kit, I did the math and it was profitable. In addition, no need to set up a collection => recycling => reconditioning => re transport to places of consumption which is in any case more expensive for the planet than a direct re-use on the spot.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
zac

by zac » 05/05/06, 14:16

Hello
: Idea: Take a coffee filter fill the activated carbon (aquarium store between inexpensive and less than that) and you have your super organic scam; sorry filter : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 05/05/06, 14:23

We agree Zac, if we start from scratch, your solution is possible (whatever the decanter filters include, in addition to charcoal, resin which filters other stuff ... what exactly, I don't know) .

Nevertheless, the subject of my post was more the economic optimization of a filter carafe than "how to filter the water?". And, it's true, that between buying a cartridge every month and refilling it, I think that the second solution is not a "scam"
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bebeours » 05/05/06, 14:24

It is the same principle as the ink cartridges which one is obliged to tinker instead of having adapter for pot of ink.

I did not know this filter system with cap but with friends, they installed a larger system that filters the entire water consumed by the house and it is a white crystal refill system sold in a bag of 30 kilo. By cons, it's plugged into a power outlet and I can not say what it consumes.
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "