Rainwater: my experience 14m3 family 5 people

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 14/07/12, 12:26

In any case the urine of the neighbor's dog blew up the anodization of the gloves of my 600 teneré.
And the smallest drop on a leaf cooks it.
Too concentrated the fertilizer: then. : Mrgreen: poison.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Greg T
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Greg T » 14/07/12, 12:30

My dog ​​grows hostas wonderfully! : Mrgreen:
0 x
(Formerly known as Gregconstruct) Because every gesture counts ... I serve you a little 10 ???
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/07/12, 09:02

Well I started looking for my smells ... Because having sown the lawn last Monday I used the water from the tank live (just by going through the pump without the filters) and the miracle water did not smell like it had on tap ...

I dismantled the filters (very green) I pushed the tap water upside down in them, then I put the 3 cartridges (25,5, and 1µ) and I put them to soak in a bucket of water with three bleach tablets ... After a few hours the polypropylene cartridges were almost white again, cleaned the inside of the filter holders, reassembled everything and put back into service: Almost impeccable, the water was still a slight smell but easily suportable because even my "residents" (family of 4 people without marked ecological conviction hosted for a while in an annex of my cabin) and yet I warned them and recommended them to draw water for cooking to the only tap that still distributes water from the network on the property ...

We are currently 9 people on this tank no precipitation expected this week so it should be empty by Thursday or Friday ... I will go down there to clean it ...

Mechanically clean the roof ... given the age of the hooks and slates, the operation will cost me very dear ...

My tank is plastic and my rainwater comes out basic with PH paper.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Did67

by Did67 » 16/07/12, 15:26

moinsdewatt wrote:
well no. urine is a fertilizer. Full of phosphorus.
I put some in my flowers.

From an agronomic point of view, urine is:

- especially a nitrogen fertilizer, by urea!

- then potassium ...

- and finally only phosphorus.

It is this "nitrogen" effect that makes the "green" in places where we piss / where cows and horses piss.

And of course, a lot of sodium, depending on whether we dirty a lot or not (the "rebalancing in the body" being done in the kidney: a lot of salt = thirst = to pee a lot then to eliminate the salt, which is, I remind you, harmful too high)
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/07/12, 06:08

Question:
Whether you take cold water or hot water, there is always the smell?
PCQ at home, I once had an accumulation of "dirt" at the bottom of the boiler, and there was an odor only on hot water.
At that time, the smell appeared when returning from vacation, (stagnation of water)
As for the filter, I have practically nothing (just a small 25µ filter)
My reasoning is as follows, if I have a large filtration, it means that my water will have to go through the dross ... (dross concentrated in one place, the filters)
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 17/07/12, 08:44

Yes the smell is as good on cold water as hot. When I return to the network water the smell immediately disappears on the cold and after two or three days on the hot. I notice on the walls of the tank a slightly viscous deposit and the same smell as at the tap ... A little like a bowl of goldfish badly held in fact. (If it is found my kid has thrown some carp in it the little bastard : Cheesy: : Cheesy: )

The filtration after pumping is 25µ, 5µ, 1µ the cartridge 1µ stays clean for a very long time compared to the other two ...

In terms of leaves and pollen my house overlooks quite a bit of surrounding vegetation, no coniferous trees in the area, my linden trees were shaved almost at the end of last winter, poplars at 600 meters in the wind but 20 meters below. ..The trees behind to the west are oak trees, there are others to the north.
Roof panels collected blue arrows, the tank is located under the terrace 40 cm behind the new wall (all white) which supports the earth ...

The prevailing winds are from west to southwest ...

0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/07/12, 17:10

Good idea, the photo.
Well, it seems that the foam is responsible.
There are products to eliminate it (I can find the name for you; 2 euros per liter)
Decontaminate the tank, also with a bleach-style product.
And if after all, you don't do it, or it wouldn't work, with everyone at home, then think about looking for water in the ground.
There is a post that says how to do it, without getting too tired.
5 people with 4 pees per day, that's 200 liters per day in flushing : Cheesy: 6000 liters per month ... : Shock:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 18/07/12, 09:57

0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 18/07/12, 10:30

I do not live Mimizan beach ... You saw the photo of the barrack it is built with the pebbles of the surface of the corner ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: Below it is lacustrine limestone (not very hard but put aside if the water is very acidic it will be difficult to dig in) In addition the water in the aquifer is very very limestone (I had connected a pirate pump in a well which is in a wasteland below) it was a disaster..To optimize the recovery of rain I still have a hangar behind the house which is 130m² on the ground currently I only collect 50% of the house, in terms of flushing with us they are 4 liters and are only drawn in the morning and in the evening in terms of pees or the big flush of 9 liters to send the cocoa ... We are normally 4, recently the casba being transformed into social housing, youth hostel we oscillate between 9 and 11 ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 23/07/12, 08:59

Hello,
Yesterday, I cleaned an area full of foam with a high pressure washer.
The smell was hellish. (pond bottom vase style)
0 x