DORINOX booster stops operating after 1h?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
badatruc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

DORINOX booster stops operating after 1h?

by badatruc » 01/06/11, 20:54

Good evening everyone,

I am launching this post because I have browsed the forum without finding the solution to my problem ...

I have a GUINARD DORINOX CONTROLE booster connected to a well by a drawing kit consisting of a strainer + non-return valve + 7 M corrugated tube + connection to the 1 "pump (no filter, no non-return valve at the pump connection).

The pump outlet is connected to a garden hose 19mm and 25M long.

I only use this booster for watering my 500m² garden.

the well is 6M deep and the pipe plunges 1,60M into the water which reaches 2,60M in height from the bottom of the well.

So much for the inventory ...

My problem is that for some time, after about an hour of use, the pump loses its pressure which drops to less than 1 bar, and it turns in a vacuum and stops via the safety lack of water ...
No matter how I re-prime, re-inflate, deflate, fill with all possible ends, nothing helps, she does not want to re-prime ...

After one or two days, and after multiple manipulations, the pump ends up re-priming to defuse after about an hour ...

No matter how I turn the problem around, I can't find where the problem comes from ... help, help !!!!

In advance thank you for your lights, because I admit having a "little boost" ...

Didier

The pump
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/06/11, 00:39

Given the current drought, I would not be surprised that your well is close to being dry, and that the water comes a little more slowly to fill the water reserve at the bottom of the well, which dries in an hour and which takes 2 days to fill up enough to prime the pump. ????
If the drought continues, you run the risk of running out of water at all.
the re-ignition duration had to lengthen over time ??

With a probe or long stick you can see your water level lowered below the pump and which takes several days to rise.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/06/11, 07:12

Good response from dedeleco!

the well is 6M deep and the pipe plunges 1,60M into the water which reaches 2,60M in height from the bottom of the well.

It is enough that the level has dropped by 1.5m (see less) so that you risk sucking air (vortex) ... Did you probe the well? To see how much it is now? And after 1 hour of pumping?

You may also be at the pumping pressure limit? (look at your pump manual, NPSH)

Calculations here: http://www.thermexcel.com/french/ressourc/mot_pump.htm

NPSH required

It is the minimum height of liquid (assumed at its boiling temperature), necessary above the suction, to prevent cavitation.

It depends:

* the type of pump
* from the operating point

It is given by the pump manufacturer in the form of a curve giving the required NPSH (in meters of liquid) as a function of the flow rate.

Expressed thus (in meters of liquid), the NPSH is independent of the nature of the pumped liquid.
It is always positive and generally a few meters (2 to 5 meters)

Some special pumps, called low NPSH pumps allow values ​​less than 1 meter.

It is essential that the NPSH available in the hydraulic system is higher than the NPSH required by the pump. Generally we take an additional safety margin of 0,5 m.

cavitation

Is a term used to describe the phenomenon that occurs in a pump when the NPSH is insufficiently available. The pressure of the liquid is reduced to a value equal to or less than its vapor pressure where small bubbles or pockets of vapor begin to form.

Accompaniment noise is the easiest way to identify cavitation. Vibration and mechanical damage such as bearing failure can also occur due to operation in cavitation.

The only way to prevent the side effects of cavitation is to make sure that the NPSH available in the system is higher than the NPSH required by the pump.

The discharge circuit does not intervene in cavitation problems.

Never set an adjustment valve or an isolation valve on the suction line.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

pump accessories

by oli 80 » 02/06/11, 11:29

Hello, I do not know if it has something to do but the water at the bottom of the well is quite clear, sometimes it can be sandy and the simple strainer is not enough to retain this sand so here is a link from the Guinard brand

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... R2nktn.pdf

they also offer an expansion kit, it must be some kind of expansion tank without membrane or bladder

Official website http://www.pompesguinard-loisirs.fr/
hoping it's not spam
0 x
badatruc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by badatruc » 05/06/11, 17:07

Hello,

Thank you all for your responses.

I think dedeleco and Christophe are right, and that I am a victim of drought, combined with a height of water insufficient for the capacity of my pump, and especially its available NPSH ...

By cons it is impossible for me to know the NPSH available because it is not mentioned in my notice. How can I know it or calculate it?

How can I have more water in my well and reduce the phenomenon of NPSH in summer? by digging it deeper?

Thank you to all
Didier
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/06/11, 17:19

by digging it deeper?

probably, and also by lowering the pump as low as possible in the well, if possible ???

Unless the current storms put a little water back. By storing rainwater too ....
0 x