Ask for help: Solar dimmer for asynchronous motor?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Habib
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Ask for help: Solar dimmer for asynchronous motor?

by Habib » 14/03/16, 17:04

Hello,

I have an asynchronous motor 10 CV (7.5kw), a centrifugal pump 5cv and I wanted to buy a variator and solar panels to make turn this pump
my question is it possible to use a 5hp dimmer and 36 solar panels (250W) to turn the 10hp motor with a small speed at nominal speed? If it is possible is there a relation to know the new speed?
thank you also for giving me the adequate drive for this solution.

cordially
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: help request: solar dimmer

by Macro » 14/03/16, 17:27

With a three-phase drive you can at most lower the power consumption of your pump by 20% (and again I'm not sure) by lowering its frequency to 30hz. The simple way to reduce the consumption of a centrifugal pump is to restrict its delivery. But for information I use pumps every day with 55kw motors when they are full flow (250m3 / h) they consume around 125A at 30m3 / h they still consume 70 ... By cons starting ... It hits 300 ... The best is: either you size your solar installation at your pump ... the cheapest will be to find a more economical pump ... For info a variator for a three-phase pump of ten CV it costs around 4000 € ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "