Quantity of water lost by water heater during heating

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/08/10, 18:47

Christophe wrote:Question: why is there not a pre-inflated bladder to compensate for the expansion in all DHW tanks?

exactly! a small bladder inside the water heater will cost less than a bladder accumulator added next to the water heater

I thought about it the first time I saw this little accumulator next to a 200l water heater

but the waste of water costs nothing to the manufacturer or to the merchant of material, why would they break the head

something else to finish the development of water heaters! a large drain valve to empty the powdered limestone that accumulates there: I have already dismantled it with half the volume occupied by this limestone: each time the water comes out through the valve it gets stuck in and makes it leak even more
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 20/08/10, 08:33

Christophe wrote:I don't really see the connection with the losses ...

Dirk Pitt is right and I would even say more: it depends on the volume of hot water heated; or rather cold water that became hot 8)

But if you do not have a valve at the water meter, there is no need for a safety group, or a vessel, it is the network "which absorbs" ...

You have to review your physics lessons guys ... for the losses it seems however clear ... if you know a ball without heat loss, you tell me ...
The network pressure is often around 8 and up to 10 bars before reduction, in these conditions, doing without a valve is dangerous, especially if one day the thermostat remains blocked ... it would end up exploding the balloon. ..
In addition, the "reintegration" of water into the network is prohibited for health reasons ...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 20/08/10, 09:48

oiseautempete wrote:
Christophe wrote:I don't really see the connection with the losses ...

Dirk Pitt is right and I would even say more: it depends on the volume of hot water heated; or rather cold water that became hot 8)

But if you do not have a valve at the water meter, there is no need for a safety group, or a vessel, it is the network "which absorbs" ...

Must review your physics lessons guys ... for the losses it seems clear however .....

What are we talking about???
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/10, 09:54

dirk pitt wrote:What are we talking about???

+ 1,

There I think we are talking about LOSS of water (via the security group) and not THERMAL LOSS ...
0 x
spitz75016
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Large quantity of water per safety group

by spitz75016 » 25/08/10, 10:50

A safety group in good working order and well installed with a normal cold water inlet pressure generates a very low leak in the form of rare drops of up to 2 liters per day maximum.

If this quantity is higher, the water pressure is too high: in this case add a pressure reducer upstream. An expansion vessel reduces leakage to an extremely small amount of around 300 milliliters per day

Change if necessary is the Security Group is a plus if a doubt remains on its operation

http://www.chauffe-eau.fr
0 x
Stephane
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/10, 11:00

2L per day is not nothing, it's 730 L per year ... pure waste ... it is the consumption of drinking water as an adult drink. In addition in some cases it is hot water that is mixed (depending on where the security group is located).

A security group is not supposed to constantly flee, it must be calibrated / adjusted to be useful only in case of "risk" (hence its name)

Putting a small expansion tank will cost the same price as the safety group and will not pose a leakage problem.

Anyway as I said above: a safety group is essential ONLY if there is a valve after the main meter ... which is far from systematic!
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 25/08/10, 11:16

Christophe wrote: a safety group is essential ONLY if there is a valve after the main meter ... which is far from systematic!

it seems to me that it is compulsory (the valve) so as not to risk biological contamination of the network by a problem with a subscriber (legionellosis for example)
it seems that the official doc is this one
circular DGS / PCE / 1.DN ° 593 of
April 10, 1987 Technical Guide N ° 1 relating to the
sanitary protection of water distribution networks
intended for human consumption BO N ° 87-14bis
0 x

Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/10, 11:19

Yes mandatory but not the case everywhere yet ... not even that the decree is retroactive ...

I had heard that it was also not to send hot water into the network to deliberately "errode" the teeth of the main meter (obviously calibrated on cold water).

In all cases, the expansion tank seems to me more econological as a solution. It remains to be seen whether it takes a "food" membrane or a heating membrane is ok?

But the water does not really circulate in the tank in contact with the membrane ... finally with the health risk should not laugh ..
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/08/10, 11:40

in general the central heating tanks have water in contact with ordinary scrap: it does not rust too much since the heating water in a closed circuit is not too corrosive: it would be more serious for hot water drinking

rather a bladder accumulator is needed as for water pumps: the compressed air is between the iron reservoir and the bladder: the water is in the bladder therefore in contact only with the rubber

this accumulator will stay cold: the back and forth with the water heater when there is expansion are too low to heat it: no risk of legionele
0 x
spitz75016
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

loss of water heater

by spitz75016 » 26/06/12, 11:31

There is always a flow of water from the safety group, the role of which is to protect the water heater against pressure due to the expansion of the water during the heating phases.
Over the course of a year, the M3s of water thus lost may rub shoulders, especially if the safety group is defective (Seat damaged). It is also recommended to use a stainless steel safety group whose seat is harder.
Another cause is also the high water pressure upstream. A pressure reducer must be added to limit this loss of water.
Adding an expansion tank is only to avoid ram costs but in no case to reduce water loss.
Visit the ARVA reporting website www.c Chauffage-eau.fr

and communicate ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chauffe-e ... ef=tn_tnmn

[/ Url]
0 x
Stephane

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "