A little trick to save water by watering the garden

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 14/09/13, 06:49

Hello
Did67 is right for the use of drip on pipe with a programmer.
This is good for a large area.
With infinity electricity, programmer, pump and water.

I joined HIC on the use of the bottle.
I only have roof water, two storages (max 300l), and elbow grease.
With more mulch, I was able to leave for 10 days at sea in early August and my tomatoes (and the rest of the SMALL garden) were in great shape when I returned without watering.
I did not prune the tomato plants, they rose to more than 3 meters.
Only problem: the grass is covered with red spiders that invade everywhere.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Did67

by Did67 » 14/09/13, 13:13

plasmanu wrote:Hello
Did67 is right for the use of drip on pipe with a programmer.
This is good for a large area.
With infinity electricity, programmer, pump and water.

Can I correct you:

- the programmers work with batteries (there are solar, overpriced) [mine make a comfortable season with a set of two batteries]

- and there are low-pressure drip systems that are plugged directly into a rainwater tank (it still has to be upstream, in fact!): http://www.acd-serres.fr/fr-8822-4810-6 ... outte.html

[I put this one for the example, but if that interests someone, I would find a simple system developed for the Sahel, on sale in France]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/09/13, 18:22

Go, for once, a little publicity stunt (no competition with the store) for the system (and the cited work - of which I share 80 or 90% of convictions and methods; to read absolutely for who does not want to garden idiot !) :

http://www.jts-concept.com/goutte-a-gou ... gg-50.html
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 21/09/13, 19:52

0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 27/09/14, 23:07

Good evening, here is another technique for watering plants
http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2011/07 ... sette.html

everything is in the link
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/09/14, 11:06

Ah cow, journalism !!!!

A sock that retains lime and microbes: you had to think about it !!!

The rest is in keeping :

- the quantity of water consumed by a plant depends on the species, its development, and ... the climate [what is pompously called "ETP potential evapotranspiration" in agronomy]
- this ETP can be reduced in different ways: windbreaks (creates a micro-climate above the plot), ground cover (considerably reduces evaporation), localized inputs ("drip"; much of the surface remains dry); break the capillary action which naturally causes the water to "rise" as in a piece of sugar that we soak (this is the effect of hoeing) ...
- we can also ensure that the p, ante better crosses the same quantity of water: the drip creates a kind of wet zone in the form of a "drop" at the location of the dripper; it therefore encourages the plant to develop its root system there, n to make the most of the water

We must therefore play on the "demand for", or the "need" / Because as soon as the plant is in a situation of not being able to follow this demand, it reacts by not closing the stomata (the microscopic "holes" in the leaves), which slows down the synthesis, thus the growth and the yield.

The way in which the need for the plant is met (whether with a sock, a boot, a pair of underpants, a hose, a casserole, a plastic bottle) does not play a role! (except of course the localized intake in the form of a drip for the reasons mentioned) ...

After, it's funny. And gardening doesn't have to be sad. I imagine that the pastis flowed afloat after this fun ... and that the journalist had a hard time recovering!
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 19/10/14, 01:21

Good evening, here are some future inventions for watering the garden and potted plants http://lafabriqueainnovations.com/categ ... 8me/jardin
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 21/10/14, 14:13

Hello, or so you have to see this type of sprinkler, to connect to the garden hose, but I don't know if it also exists
to put on a watering can to have a "flat" spray

http://www.outiror.com/arroseur-180.htm ... #ectrans=1

the jet is ideal for seedlings which are fragile, it avoids having a jet of water that is too "aggressive" for the seeds, so watering is a bit like the principle of the watering ramp but on a smaller scale

cordially
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 02/11/14, 21:44

Did67 wrote:Ah cow, journalism !!!!

A sock that retains lime and microbes: you had to think about it !!!

The rest is in keeping :

- the quantity of water consumed by a plant depends on the species, its development, and ... the climate [what is pompously called "ETP potential evapotranspiration" in agronomy]
- this ETP can be reduced in different ways: windbreaks (creates a micro-climate above the plot), ground cover (considerably reduces evaporation), localized inputs ("drip"; much of the surface remains dry); break the capillary action which naturally causes the water to "rise" as in a piece of sugar that we soak (this is the effect of hoeing) ...
- we can also ensure that the p, ante better crosses the same quantity of water: the drip creates a kind of wet zone in the form of a "drop" at the location of the dripper; it therefore encourages the plant to develop its root system there, n to make the most of the water

We must therefore play on the "demand for", or the "need" / Because as soon as the plant is in a situation of not being able to follow this demand, it reacts by not closing the stomata (the microscopic "holes" in the leaves), which slows down the synthesis, thus the growth and the yield.

The way in which the need for the plant is met (whether with a sock, a boot, a pair of underpants, a hose, a casserole, a plastic bottle) does not play a role! (except of course the localized intake in the form of a drip for the reasons mentioned) ...

After, it's funny. And gardening doesn't have to be sad. I imagine that the pastis flowed afloat after this fun ... and that the journalist had a hard time recovering!

Good evening, about drip irrigation here is a very nice achievement, we will say fully tinkered even the drippers are homemade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5cIoIvpvbw

cordially all
good night
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A little trick to save water by watering the garden

by oli 80 » 26/07/17, 14:10

0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "