A little trick to save water by watering the garden

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 02/06/12, 14:16

This is the method one drop at a time per bottle.
Cork sold.
The cheapest of all solutions : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 02/06/12, 22:16

Willaupuis wrote:thank you for all these little tips,

for info I also use plastic bottles cut and planted in the ground to water the tomato stalks, but without the cones, I just pierced the cap and buried about ten cm deep, the bottle empties gently.,

I took the advice given before and mulched my salads,

watering in the evening when the sun goes down is an evidence that I also practiced to prevent the sun from evaporating the water.

and what a joy to eat a homemade product

Hi willaupuis
Too complicated! use the rabbit drinker trick,

return a full bottle to the drinker,
the flow will stop when the water level reaches the level of the neck.
every time a rabbit drinks the bottle will empty out!

For the garden
turn a full bottle into a cone formed by a dibber, plus a hole in the head of the cone.
In this case the bottle will empty at the rate of absorption of the earth,

IF THE EARTH IS SATURATED WITH WATER (if it is raining),
the water will not drain.

This system works with zero pressure,
like a porous system,
giving self-regulation.
The rest use gravity.

Goodbye
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
ecoco2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ecoco2 » 03/07/12, 10:09

All these inventions are ingenious!
Now if you want to learn smart eco-gestures to save, water, energy etc, I recommend this site which is really not bad http://www.ecoco2.com/ Take a look in the "Tools" section

Sincerely,

Eco-CO2
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 03/07/12, 10:31

ecoco2 wrote: Take a look in the "Tools" section
You make fun of the world : Evil:

Your site is 99% energy consumption oriented.
There is no tool for water management on your site, just a couple of hints:
Know precisely your water consumption and energy consumption.
Write them down manually, install an automatic system ...
But what follows is only about automatic reading of electric meters ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/07/12, 11:18

I haven't read everything and I don't really see the connection with water ... on the other hand:

Eco CO2 is a SAS created in 2009 by experts from the energy world. The founder, Jacques Allard, spent 25 years at EDF before creating Eco CO2.

... strong chance that it is a little pro nuke oriented (nuclear which does not emit CO2, it is well "known")!

ps: I read a little more and the site seems quite empty ... only a few basic calculation tools included here or there ... am I wrong?
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 05/07/12, 20:21

Good evening ecoco2. Here too you propose nothing, only advertising to your site (your 3 contributions are just that) and you do not advance this forum one iota.
You are limited to spam bin. So for the next few posts, I invite you to be constructive rather than disgressif.
cordially
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A little trick to save water by watering the ja

by oli 80 » 15/08/12, 14:12

Willaupuis wrote:This evening after the beautiful day of sun I wanted to water my garden with my cistern water and this with a simple watering can and its pear the problem is that we water on too large a surface of round shape, so a simple idea for save water:
stick a strip of sticky on each side of the pear leaving two to three strips of hole only so the spray is concentrated less loss and more profitability with the watering can

an overview of the watered lines we can see that there is little loss on the sides

here I hope others will find it interesting and use the idea, or share other ideas like

Hello here's another forum or we are talking about an accessory to water locally http://www.rustica.fr/forum-jardinage/v ... php?t=4050

the spout seems plastic, but you can also use a spout from a jerry can or a flexible tip from an oil funnel photo found on the net
http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/p1260676.php
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

small model watering can

by oli 80 » 17/08/12, 23:01

Good evening, here are some simple product
http://www.guillebert.fr/arrosage/lance ... -19-0.html
I think it's for a watering can, I'm not sure
here it is to adapt on a bottle http://www.maillot-bonsai.com/pomme_ada ... e-4346.php

there are also apples for small models of watering cans, or to recover the apple from a watering can for children like here

then with a pvc reducing fitting which is easily found in the piping department of any DIY store, stick the white part that you see in the photo on it and we have our "centered" spray head to fix a spray head. a small watering can, all you have to do is get a spout from a windshield washer can, it is often embedded on the side of the can and fits without being screwed onto the neck of the can and often black in color, it can be adapted as a spout on the watering can and to fit the head of a small watering can to it
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

watering ramp

by oli 80 » 21/08/12, 21:48

Good evening, here is a watering ramp that we can still find here and here, here is the photo

this model is designed in two parts, the gray ramp and its tip
red and sometimes it is orange, so here the idea is to use the red tip to adapt a pear from a small watering can if possible

the model in the photo is not complete, there had to be other accessories that went on the end piece, sometimes we can find other solutions by tinkering a little and always comes up with something

the photo is not of me, i found it by browsing the net
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 27/08/12, 21:14

Obamot wrote:To return to the technical subject of the wire:

Scotch tape is a good "test bench" for estimating the amount of water needed.

I would no longer see recovering a cap of ad hoc diameter (among the multitude of disposable packaging and other wasted plastic bottles) to make holes in it using a thin needle placed in the extension of a soldering iron ( the technique is proven, it takes only a few seconds) ... And we can make several with more or less holes according to the desired flow, and the width of the jet by varying the orientation of the holes!

And finished the problem of the scotch which takes only one time and comes to soil the pear of solvent of which a part ended up finding itself drawn ... in salads .... 0

Good evening, I already saw a nozzle of watering can, a ridiculous plastic tube, it is necessary to recover a bottle of fruit juice type kind multivitamin plastic, or fruity drink with spring water, as they advertise to not mention the brand, do as obamot said and you have to cut a hole in the cap to insert the tube to put it on the watering can, that's why you need plastic bottles with large caps diameter

in short a tip to adapt a bottle on a watering can, really archaic, I agree with the direct recycling of plastic bottles, such as drip irrigation, sprayer http://www.pixmania.com/fr/fr/3841894/a ... outei.html
the watering spout here
http://www.nodshop.com/cadeaux-cuisine- ... -4381.html
but there a tip to put the bottle on the watering can, is not really necessary because the diameter of the neck makes it possible to adapt it to the watering can, we can clearly see our consumer society, selling everything and anything : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "