A little trick to save water by watering the garden

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/12, 10:10

To return to the technical subject of the wire:

Scotch tape is a good "test bench" for estimating the amount of water needed.

I would no longer see recovering a cap of ad hoc diameter (among the multitude of disposable packaging and other wasted plastic bottles) to make holes in it using a thin needle placed in the extension of a soldering iron ( the technique is proven, it takes only a few seconds) ... And we can make several with more or less holes according to the desired flow, and the width of the jet by varying the orientation of the holes!

And finished the problem of the scotch which takes only one time and comes to soil the pear of solvent of which a part ended up finding itself drawn ... in salads .... 0
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

spray

by oli 80 » 27/05/12, 18:11

Hello, here is a gadgetic accessory
http://www.maginea.com/fr/fr/c2915/p200 ... oir+10614/

adjustable ramps for watering can, maybe for large gardens, I don't know if that could also be a solution
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/05/12, 18:24

dedeleco wrote:Certainly less evaporation, but not:
Zero evaporation

by heat wave, because the water rises to the surface to evaporate by heat wave (diffusion), and it is the same drop by drop underground.

not exactly zero but still much less than stupidly spraying on the surface

if you cannot water with a buried system it is better to water a lot and rarely than often and weakly

when you water too lightly almost all the water evaporates

when you water a big blow a larger part penetrates and benefits the plants
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/05/12, 18:29

Yes, certainly, and also especially water in the middle of the night, and not in full heat and strong wind.

According to the T, hygrometry and wind, there may be factors 10 of evaporation rate, at the surface.
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 27/05/12, 21:21

chatelot16 wrote:
dedeleco wrote:Certainly less evaporation, but not:
Zero evaporation

by heat wave, because the water rises to the surface to evaporate by heat wave (diffusion), and it is the same drop by drop underground.

not exactly zero but still much less than stupidly spraying on the surface
if you cannot water with a buried system it is better to water a lot and rarely than often and weakly
when you water too lightly almost all the water evaporates
when you water a big blow a larger part penetrates and benefits the plants

And yes !!!!

When I say zero, it's Zero,
there are no weeds for a month after transplant,
as long as it doesn't rain.
This is proof that the water does not rise.

The free stuff that works
unlike the system that we paid dearly : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/05/12, 22:49

The water rises and dries too quickly for grasses surprised by the drought, grasses which require a lot of surface moisture

But put cacti, ficus, gazanias, dimorphiticas, prickly pears, agaves, etc., you will see, they will know how to use the little water that goes back to grow without dying.
But in 67 it is drought plants, well in my 83, which do not lack the slightest passing water, do not survive winter with frosts.
These plants hold up with surface roots without any watering all summer, from June to September, in the 83 !!

It's all about the biotope, and not moist enough on the surface, blocks the grasses, especially to germinate their seeds, but water rises to the surface to evaporate, but there is not enough left for the seeds to germinate and grow in large quantities.

Almost nothing that germinates does not mean zero water, but just no excess surface water, ideal for germinating seeds.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 28/05/12, 06:12

The difference between zero is very little is very thin.

The goal is to put just the right amount of water where it is needed.
Less water is especially less time spent for an identical end result.

Some plants such as tomatoes and zucchini do not like to water the leaves.

For me the most practical is this:

Or the drip on which we can put a bottle : Mrgreen:

Or the bottle to which we can put a drop by drop : Mrgreen:

In both cases the water descends to the roots without touching the leaves or the surface.

Watering on the surface is not bad in itself if you have a lot of water
but promotes the development of surface roots
and the day we forget to water: HELL it's toast.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 28/05/12, 15:07

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... qF6Ebh.jpg
This is what I put at home (3 euro each)
When with the 50 meter roll, drip in PE, it's 80 euros
:?
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/05/12, 15:41

roll of 50 meters, drip in PE, it's 80 euros

exorbitant price for 16mm at 1 bar max (not 4 or 6 bars useless), 20 € per 100m possible a year or two ago, and the price of oil has not exploded enough to have such a huge price !!

100m 16mm at 28 €
http://www.pompes-direct.com/arrosage/g ... /8865.html

30 € here, but cheaper must be possible:
http://www.mon-arrosage.com/micro-irrig ... 25pcs.html

As many do not look at the price, we scam thoroughly, as if the price of oil was multiplied by 4 !!

Prices are increasing and there is no fine pipe at 1 bar as before, tip to sell much more expensive, pressure pipes perfectly useless given the need to regulate the pressure unless the Bar on the drippers !!!

And with the sales techniques very studied more and more that annoy me, because they trap by not finding what we used before, we rip people off !!

These pipes are ideal for making very inexpensive solar thermal collectors, just rolled up in the sun, even without a plastic sheet on top and a little insulation underneath, and this is getting hot, especially at the moment. (50 ° C and above), also for DHW.

Summer heat to store for winter underground with hundreds of meters of these pipes passing from the sun to deep underground (4 to 12 m).
0 x
Willaupuis
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Willaupuis » 02/06/12, 14:09

thank you for all these little tips,

for info I also use plastic bottles cut and planted in the ground to water the tomato stalks, but without the cones, I just pierced the cap and buried about ten cm deep, the bottle empties gently.,

I took the advice given before and mulched my salads,

watering in the evening when the sun goes down is an evidence that I also practiced to prevent the sun from evaporating the water.

and what a joy to eat a homemade product
0 x
if everyone agrees is that people thought

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "