A wind turbine to produce water

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

A wind turbine to produce water

by kumkat » 08/07/11, 10:13

New concept, if it works it's a revolution!

http://www.cleantechrepublic.com/2011/0 ... r-air-eau/

A priori, it is difficult to dream of a more pleasant living environment than a small Caribbean island. With one small exception: the scarcity of drinking water. Marc Parent - founder of Eole Water - lived through this situation for several years. Back in France, the entrepreneur decided to work on an innovative system to guarantee the supply of water to isolated sites. Called “Water Maker System”, its process integrates - in the same device - a wind turbine coupled to an air conditioner. An autonomous solution which transforms air into water thanks to condensation. "It is a clean technology because it only uses air and wind," explains Thibault Janin, Marketing Director of Eole Water. Above all, it brings a new decentralized approach to water that does not exist today ”.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/07/11, 12:29

We can do the same with the sun with solar thermoacoustics, which can be simpler and more reliable than a wind turbine (no moving parts).

Fresh water can be made very simply by solar evaporation and condensation on cold (sea or land), with a few panes or plastics.

The desert plants exploit this, collect the condensation of water from the air !!
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 08/07/11, 13:23

but you need an external energy source for the cold,
here it is the wind turbine itself which serves as a source, this is what is clever

instead of evaporating water (which must be conveyed) with the sun before condensing it,
here we directly condense the water vapor naturally present in the air
no routing of water to the system and top performance in the areas
humid or tropical. In addition it works even in areas where there is
no sun or night ... as long as there is wind ...

As always it is to use this resource in addition to others which
will give a real plus, with complementary sources there are always
at least one that works ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/07/11, 13:29

I don’t want to say ... But it is called getting ch ... for not much ... In the humid tropical zone a simple mesh or veil allows the night to recover water at night in sufficient quantity .. .
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 08/07/11, 13:37

1000 liters / day with a curtain? it will amaze me!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/07/11, 13:45

kumkat wrote:1000 liters / day with a curtain? it will amaze me!

It just depends on the size of the curtain ... Like the size of the wind turbine and the air conditioning ...

http://etsinnovation.wordpress.com/2011 ... personnes/
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/07/11, 14:37

macro is right, simple methods allow to use the hot (of the sun) and cold (of the night and the earth, even of the sea), without complex and less reliable technology, to condense water !!

Desert plants have been doing this for millions of years, not just this scarab !!
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 08/07/11, 14:50

and shit, I give up, whatever we offer here, there is always a techno not yet out of the labs that does better and suddenly nothing advances anywhere

good go i'm going to buy cows and heat myself with dung, adios
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 08/07/11, 16:15

Interesting but I doubt it will make drinking water.
If it is condensed water, there will be no mineral salts. Much like drinking melted snow does more harm than good.

Or there is also an enrichment in mineral salt but it is not specified in the article.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/07/11, 16:22

kumkat wrote:and shit, I give up, whatever we offer here, there is always a techno not yet out of the labs that does better and suddenly nothing advances anywhere

Not at all is that we must stop selling the dream!

The "propaganda" of aeole water which will save the world from thirst is starting to suffice!

Propaganda that all ecobobos relay without looking closely at the figures ...

Because if we inquire in more detail, "eolewater" water costs between 30 and 40 € per m3 of water with this method, you have to pay for your drinking water less than 3 € and you already find this too expensive ... do you see the difference? Sell ​​it to the poor country, I laugh!

There are much more affordable solutions where water is lacking ... example, the dew trap: https://www.econologie.com/forums/capteur-de ... t9756.html

Other topics that talk about eole water:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/eolienne-q ... t8535.html
The most complete I think is this one: https://www.econologie.com/forums/eolewater-t9820.html

See this page too: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php
Last edited by Christophe the 10 / 07 / 11, 13: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x