Dry toilets (TLB) in the apartment?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
elekaj34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Dry toilets (TLB) in the apartment?

by elekaj34 » 27/09/08, 09:49

Hello,

Well, I have read a lot about TLBs, and I want to go there (tired of sending 30l / day in the toilet), but I have a lot of questions.

Already the ventilation of the toilets. I heard that it had to be ventilated (which I can imagine), but little, much?
In my WC, the CMV evacuates 15m3 / h, is that enough? in the worst case, I thought to bring the CMV directly to the level of the TLB, judicious? idiot ?

Then the consumption of sawdust / wood shavings. What consumption per person? I have heard of everything, from 100l / year to 30m3 / year.
By the way, the sawdust unit to be deposited is "2 to 3 cups" ... well done and the standardized unit in there? (well on this point I intend to experiment at the start, like everyone else)
For procurement, it's resolved.

Finally last point. What to do with the compost? I may have a few plants and planters, but that will not be enough to "consume" all my compost. I saw a few "city gardens", but I'm not sure he takes all the compost from me. How do you do ? (when you are in town of course)

Thank you for your clarifications.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/09/08, 12:59

Not being in an apartment, I cannot answer all your questions.
Regarding ventilation, your vmc will be more than enough; bringing it to the level of the box is technically useless but can be justified psychologically (doubtful spouse, for example).
One to two handfuls of sawdust per "vacation" allows you to approximate the amounts required annually.

You ask the question of the use of compost, in fact there is a mistake in terminology. The content of the TLB emptying is a product to compost, not compost.
When emptying the bucket, provide a water point for rinsing (not cleaning properly (sic!) Speak).
Last point, the main interest of this kind of toilets is not the reduction of water consumption, but to avoid an absurd treatment system which leads to a dead end.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."