Rainwater harvesting for domestic use

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 18/09/06, 10:21

Thank you for all this information, FB56, and welcome to these forums :D
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

Re: Recovery of rainwater for domestic use

by Christophe » 18/09/06, 10:25

FB56 wrote:Hoping to have been as complete as possible.

You were (some links would have been welcome though).

I even think that I will be inspired by your subject to make an article on the site (if you allow me of course?).
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/09/06, 13:50

FB56 wrote:[...] A declaration in town hall must be made for information to the company which treats waste water (when collective treatment).
Which could eventually lead to a special tax. Which is not currently the case.
We have been talking for a very long time about a tax or the fitting of a meter at the exit of the house without this leading to anything. This would allow farm companies (know, general water ...) to be able to invoice the treatment of rainwater from the WC. In fact, the calculation of the water treatment is made from the volume of water consumed (water meter at the entrance).
Personal note: In a conventional installation without rainwater recovery, it does not bother the farm companies to invoice the treatment of drinking water which is used to water the garden and which therefore does not go to the sewer ... [...]

It seems to me that for the tax, it is in progress, I believe to have seen that in the news of the gazette of the communes ...
Personally, I find it normal to pay for the water that we send to be treated ... If we want to go to the end of the system, we install a reed filter at home and there, more water that goes in the network !
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 18/09/06, 14:05

Woodcutter wrote:Personally, I find it normal to pay for the water that we send to be treated ... If we want to go to the end of the system, we install a reed filter at home and there, more water that goes in the network !

A reed filter or, if you don't have room, a dry toilet, and you reduce your wastewater drastically.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/09/06, 16:18

Targol wrote:[...] A reed filter or, if there is not room, [...]
2,5 m2 per pe ... : Wink:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 18/09/06, 16:38

Woodcutter wrote:2,5 m2 per pe ... : Wink:

Excuse my filthy ignorance, Bucheron, What is a PE?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/09/06, 19:46

Targol wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:2,5 m2 per pe ... : Wink:

Excuse my filthy ignorance, Bucheron, What is a PE?
Confessed sorry, I thought you knew.
It is a unit of measurement for "pollutant production" used to size wastewater treatment systems (EU).

It is a standard quantity that we consider emitted by a person in one day. There are different definitions because it has evolved over time:
These different parameters make it possible to define the Inhabitant Equivalent or the EH It expresses the polluting load contained in 180 liters of waste water, that is to say the production of an inhabitant and for a day. One Inhabitant Equivalent corresponds to 60g of BOD5, 135g of COD, 9,9g of nitrogen, 3,5g of phosphorus.

Equivalent-Inhabitant:

The decree of December 10, 1991 defined the quantity of daily pollution discharged by an inhabitant as an inhabitant equivalent.

A PE represents 80 g of MES, 60 g of BOD5, 15 g of nitrogenous materials, 4g of phosphorus materials and 150 to 250 l of water.

The equivalent inhabitants (called "EH"). The concept of inhabitant equivalent is an old concept used in sanitation to assess the capacity of wastewater treatment plants. This concept was introduced to convert industrial wastewater discharges into "population equivalents".
In 1981, an estimate of the pollution induced by the “inhabitant equivalent” was:
. 90 g / inhabitant / day for suspended matter,
. 57 g / inhabitant / day for oxidizable materials,
. 15 g / inhabitant / day for total nitrogen,
. 4 g / inhabitant / day for total phosphorus.
The European directive gives a new definition of the inhabitant equivalent, corresponding to a biodegradable organic load with a biochemical oxygen demand of five days - called BOD5 of 60 grams of oxygen per day.

Definition of Equivalent-Habitant (EH): Unit of measurement used to assess the capacity of a treatment plant. This unit of measurement is based on the amount of pollution emitted per person per day.
1 pe = 60 g of BOD5 / day or 21,6 kg of BOD5 / year.
The European directive of May 21, 1991 defines the inhabitant equivalent as the biodegradable organic charge having a biochemical oxygen demand in five days (BOD5) of 60 grams of oxygen per day
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 18/09/06, 20:03

This is the documented response. I was not asking so much of you : Mrgreen:
Thank you Bucheron.

On the other hand, with respect to reed filter systems: there is no need for a slope?
0 x
FB56
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by FB56 » 22/09/06, 18:35

Christophe wrote:
FB56 wrote:Hoping to have been as complete as possible.

You were (some links would have been welcome though).

I even think that I will be inspired by your subject to make an article on the site (if you allow me of course?).

I am very flattered and I therefore authorize you to use my words.
Since then, there has been a change regarding the tax credit: it is no longer 40% up to € 5000 from 1/1/07 to 31/12/11 but only 15% up to € 8000 from 1 / 1/07 to 31/12/09 see the following site:
http://www.senat.fr/cra/s20060908/s2006 ... html#toc10

We must read all the debates to see how the senate reduced this tax credit compared to the initial text voted by the deputies.

source: www.rain.new.fr
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/09/06, 20:55

Targol wrote:[...] On the other hand, with respect to reed filter systems: there is no need for a slope?
Yes, it is a system that works by gravity.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."