French law on the recovery of rainwater

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
--Ex--
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by --Ex-- » 21/10/06, 22:45

I bought a house with land so I'm seriously considering collecting rainwater ... and installing dry toilets on the 2 I own. And yes, I prefer to keep "normal" toilets so as not to scare my girlfriend too much at first. Hoping to remove the others later of course.

I'm trying to figure out what is allowed and what is not. But there is something that escapes me.
You speak of 2 different circuits for rainwater and mains water.
-> Let's imagine that I use rainwater for my showers, sinks .... and if I run out of rainwater, I fill my tank with mains water. In any case, what do you do with this water after use? Are you sending it back to the sewer?
Because if I understood correctly, we just don't have the right to do that because we then mix rainwater with water from the network.
So what to do with the used rainwater? I want to water my garden a little, but it will still make a lot of water in the garden.
You will then tell me about a septic tank to return this water to the earth (I find that a good idea) ... but I will answer you then that it is prohibited by law (it seems to me) d '' have a septic tank when you have everything in the sewer.

Is there something that I skipped or is it quite simply that French law is ill-suited for the recovery of rainwater?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/10/06, 23:08

yes, 2 different circuits:

one in the city water for everything that must be drinkable: kitchen sink, washbasins, dishwasher, etc.

another cistern, pump which supplies WC, watering system.

it is necessary to see if shower, bathtub, washing machine are allowed on rainwater, in Germany, it is not. (because of the children)

the principle is that under no circumstances can the water from the cistern be returned to the city circuit.
In Belgium, you need a non-return valve between town and home, between rainwater and the drinking circuit and between the central heating and its supply circuit (and 2 valves, not one). We're not going to cry for 3 flaps at 10 euros.
We can therefore imagine supplying the rainwater circuit by the city in the event of a shortage.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 22/10/06, 11:32

Hello ,

interesting thoughts Ex ..!
but "ex" what by the way ... ?? : Cheesy:

the "mixture" of the 2 waters does not pose a problem neither in supply nor in evacuation ...., which is problematic, it is to have no possibility of "rise" of "other" water in the circuit of public water, therefore to have a total disconnection !! (systems approved to standard EN1717), therefore normally (I repeat!) a double-valve device on joint pipelines is not authorized !!

So, Ex, your question already gave the answer indeed, if you want to connect some devices to rainwater on a single pipe, you simply need to provide an "emergency supply" of city water for your water tank of rain .... if it were to be empty ....
or, another solution, buy (expensive!) an autonomous pumping unit with automatic changeover EDP> city water and total disconnection approved EN1717 .....

to know if the sanitary use of rainwater is authorized or not, it should be known that it is not prohibited, and that the DGS awaits a response from the CSHPF for them to define which uses they can consider "appropriate" or "tolerable", because the fact of prohibiting it would be a serious attack on individual freedom and aberrant nonsense ... !!
the state does not have all the rights over you and your life within your walls .....

Ex wrote: Is there something that I skipped or is it quite simply that French law is ill-suited for the recovery of rainwater?

haa there, you could not say better ...... !! 8)

amicalement : Wink:
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 24/11/06, 08:52

Hello ,

un new amendment offering the tax credit to 25% has just been adopted by the Economic Affairs Commission of Ass. Nat. , just before the continuation of the debates of these 30 Nov. and 1 Dec. .....
business to follow .....
.. on my blog eg. .... :D (specific article)

amicalement : Wink:
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 29/11/06, 22:57

Hello ,

news concerning the new water law (LEMA) ....
the debates are adjourned and postponed !! ... :frown:

to follow on the article concerned ("tax credits") on my blog ....

cordially : Wink:
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/11/06, 16:32

Guess you're following the news so you've read this?
http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/news/2087.php4
Last edited by Woodcutter the 30 / 11 / 06, 16: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/06, 16:40

By the way lumberjack ... as I suppose you work in water purification (or not far ... I have good?) ... It costs how much energy (kwhe for pumping) and oil ( earthworks, chemical) one m3 of "clean" water?

Say from "the sewer to the tap"? I imagine that the question is not simple ... but roughly?
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 30/11/06, 18:28

Hello ,

Woodcutter wrote:Guess you're following the news so you've read this?

well yes eh ....
if you had taken a look at my blog post, you would have seen the beginning of this info ..... : Cheesy:

as well as the one that follows it .....

0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/11/06, 21:03

Christophe wrote:By the way lumberjack ... as I suppose you work in water purification (or not far ... I have good?) ... It costs how much energy (kwhe for pumping) and oil ( earthworks, chemical) one m3 of "clean" water?

Say from "the sewer to the tap"? I imagine that the question is not simple ... but roughly?
Hi, hi, hi, failed! : Mrgreen:

I don't know damn ...
But I offer my clients as much as I can natural systems based on filters planted with reeds to clean up their rainwater (I don't do the US), and systems that mimic wetlands to manage storage and return to the environment. natural environment of PE.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 30/11/06, 21:59

re,
hi Bucheron,

But I offer my clients natural systems as much as I can .....

yes but is it indiscreet to know what exactly you do for a job ...?

.... natural systems based on filters planted with reeds to decontaminate their rainwater ...

: Shock:
for clean up rainwater .... !! ??
that is to say .. ??
in what context ?

thank you for your details ...

0 x
well hello to you !! ...