Insert and hot air vent

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Poline32
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Insert and hot air vent

by Poline32 » 27/11/22, 18:23

Hello,
I have an insert. (Old installation of more than 20 years) There are 2 tubes which bring hot air (without engine) in a corridor and in a small room.
My question is: is it possible to install refractory bricks or a stone (steatite) in front of the inlet of the hot air vent in order to diffuse the heat because the installation as it is today heat the ceiling.

Thanks in advance if you can help me
0 x
Remundo

Re: insert and hot air vent

by Remundo » 27/11/22, 18:57

Hello Polin

your description is not very clear

hot air is led through pipes to the ceiling, right?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: insert and hot air vent

by sicetaitsimple » 27/11/22, 19:02

Hello,
yes hot air rises! I don't have a miracle solution, but a kind of "cap" (in sheet metal) located above the hot air vents aimed at more or less lowering the flow of hot air downwards would perhaps have a little efficiency, again without expecting anything miraculous.
Otherwise it is necessary to switch to "dynamic" solutions (fans, ducts) aimed at ensuring a uniform temperature in the room by mixing the air.
When you have one floor, it's easier by opening the hot air vents at the bottom (floor or low level) of the upper rooms.
0 x