Pellet stove construction

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Bmag
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Pellet stove construction

by Bmag » 06/10/22, 14:14

Hello DIYers,
That's since 2008 when I bought a Deville Lohic, I do extra heating with pellets, in parallel with my wood stove. But then, the forced air and the noise that goes with it bothers me so much that I decided a year ago to build a new stove. the objective being to build a model without ventilation, by natural convection and radiation, easy to clean, with auxiliary boiler and, icing on the cake, a thick top for a kitchen auxiliary.
Passed through several phases, first without electricity, quickly abandoned, then piloting by personal electronics, also abandoned, I resolved to buy a control card Micronova I023-6 responsible for a standard hydro programme.
And there, new problems to solve. I finally managed to adjust the parameters for a good start. But once the start-up phase is over, where it must switch to normal speed, with the requested power of 1 to 5, it systematically goes into "Module" mode, i.e. at reduced power, as if the temperature requested was achieved. Since the card also manages the hydro, the water and air temperature setpoints are adjustable and one of the two reaches is sufficient for slowing down.
Only here, I can act on these two parameters, nothing helps, blocked in the "Modul" position and impossible to access the higher powers.
Here, if anyone knows these cards and the adjustment methods, a little help would be welcome,
because there, I dry! And my sleep capital is deteriorating from day (night) to day (night) : Cry:
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me find the solution.
Bernard
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Pellet stove construction

by phil59 » 06/10/22, 15:08

I can't help you on that, no idea.... Except, are you in the right mode, hydro for management, have you measured the tp of the water circuit, your circulator is working, or just by thermo siphon ?

My hydro wood stove, if the circulator does not work, the water rises very quickly in tp ... if you have not already done so, mount a safety valve, which empties the water circuit and fills it , in case of a glitch ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
bmag1
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bmag1 » 06/10/22, 19:47

Thank you Phil59 for your answer.
At the beginning of the assembly of the card, I did not have this defect. It was by tweaking the parameters that I managed to solve my start-up problems, and that this one appeared. I must have hit something...but what?
The air and water temperature settings are correct, but do not act. The switch to idle is immediate after the start-up phase as if the setpoint temperatures had been reached. However, the actual temperatures displayed are below the instructions and should not cause this phenomenon...

ps: by wanting to modify my reply notification address, I lost access to my account and had to recreate a new one bmag1. I sent a message to Christophe to inform him and tell me what to do... Obviously, IT and I are angry at the moment.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/10/22, 19:53

Can you reset your card to factory settings?
0 x
bmag1
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bmag1 » 06/10/22, 20:16

I would like to, but the procedure is reserved for stove manufacturers and/or approved installers, confirmation obtained by Micronova Italy. As usual, everyone passes the buck and the buyer remains in the water. I still have a generic Micronova doc, but some parameters are hidden. I even acquired the special interface to connect to the computer as well as the software provided by Micronova. I just miss the access codes : roll:

ps: message to Christophe bmag vs bmag1
0 x
bmag1
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bmag1 » 06/10/22, 21:38

The card in question
14710010.jpg
Micronova I023-6 card
14710010.jpg (131.08 KB) Viewed times 3307
0 x
bmag1
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bmag1 » 06/10/22, 21:44

The doc that I have available
Attachments
Micronova I023 hydro LCD .pdf
(8.09 million) Downloaded times 267
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 06/10/22, 22:32

From page 35 to 37, there are things to read, and to do.

First of all, make a backup, at least to be able to go back to where you are now in case ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
bmag1
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bmag1 » 06/10/22, 23:10

Thank you phil59,
I have read everything I believe, but the pages you cite are reserved for those who have the access codes as explained at the beginning. I have the rs232 interface, the Seraminet software, but not the info to make it work, it's nerd!
That said, the following pages indicate the modifiable parameters, accessible by the display.
That's where I came in.
At the beginning, the smoked motor and worm gear speeds were very bad and the start-up was chaotic. But once started, the regulation worked and I had access to the 5 power levels and by decreasing the requested temperature, I switched to the "Module" position as expected.
Then, I tried to modify the startup parameters, which now work, but I find myself with this problem of blocking at minimum power, called "Module" on the display.
And I don't understand why, especially since I had access to it at the beginning.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/10/22, 23:22

On the electronic board, it looks like there is a battery on the left. On some electronic cards, you remove the battery, you wait about ten seconds and put it back in place, this does a reset (returns to factory settings). If this is the case, in the manual, look at the chapter on changing the batteries, there may be information.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132