In my area, shortage of fossil fuel....Empty service stations!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

In my area, shortage of fossil fuel....Empty service stations!

by phil59 » 06/10/22, 10:31

Not concerned at all for my case, but I see queues not possible at the pumps, supermarkets that ration 25L of fuel, in my area, and yesterday, went to my parents 85 km from my home, then went back to the sister-in-law, at 65, and a priori, it's the same cinema....

People are afraid, want to make the most of low prices, and fill up constantly, WITHOUT REASON, (well, yes), and create as usual, a semi shortage....

One of my daughters who lives between Reims and Troyes, has the same problem of fuel availability....

Is this practically general in France, almost everywhere, or not....

MOIJE, for the moment, continues to charge my VE at night, without problem.
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: In my area, fossil fuel shortage....

by Obamot » 06/10/22, 10:55

There's still another problem that I allow myself to rest in the debate, it's the disconnection of the price of the barrel from the prices at the pump, which are the triggers / accelerators of the absolutely real phenomenon that you describe. ..

Illusory stock reflex when it comes to a “consumable” since sooner or later we are mowed, even for EVs when the kw/h goes up!

On the other hand, for fuels there is almost no latency on the rise, the price at the pump immediately shifts the price per barrel.

Whereas each time the price of a barrel drops, it sometimes takes several months for this to be reflected downwards at the pump.
This is the trigger: the panic caused by the rise which makes the balance between “supply” VS “demand” even more bullish.

Is this precisely the purpose of this practice?
Because we could imagine another mode of operation, which on the contrary would smooth the indices “Supply” VS “Demand” during the rise rather than the fall (since laws would oblige to maintain the tanks at the highest and avoid a yoyo effect).

Is it conceivable that this could create a brake on the automatic and immediate clutch on the rise, to avoid all these speculative increases to the detriment of consumers?
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 06/10/22, 11:03

Obamot wrote: (since the tanks would be full by forcing tankers by law to keep them at the highest)

What tanks? : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: If we talk about France... The number of m3 of storage dismantled for 20 years is much higher than the volumes rebuilt...

Even to the point that it is no longer profitable to build reservoirs to store HC in them today... We are therefore obliged to play just in time... with oil pipelines stretched like strings between each site. ..And raff that rotate according to their non-striking staff...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/10/22, 11:25

Precisely why they are “irreplaceable” in my corner.

058A1B8A-E9D7-4F27-921D-0CA68CFA89A1.jpeg

For the anecdote, it is thanks to the elimination of Daesh(*) in Syria with the help of the Russians, that an attack was thwarted and that others could not see the light of day...

(*) sponsored by the USA, who don't even hide it anymore
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/10/22, 11:35

0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 06/10/22, 11:41

Patience...
Olivier Gantois, spokesperson for the oil industry in France assures him: “The situation will improve today in certain regions”. “These delivery restrictions are temporary,” he assured France Info, recalling the two factors of tension: strikes and the success of fuel discounts (those of the State, and those of certain distributors). Fuel imports and stocks To justify his optimism, Olivier Gantois explained that additional imports had been put in place. “It will ease the situation, we will replace refinery production with imports,” he explained. “In addition to imports, we can use fuel stocks, and this is something we are in the process of putting in place,” added the spokesperson for the oil industry in France on France info. But "it takes time for the product to arrive", even if it is already "arriving in some depots", he said. "It's not funny, but it's not a general shortage," insisted Olivier Gantois. A speech that the government spokesman, Olivier Véran, already had on Wednesday after the Council of Ministers, promising that there would be no shortage. However, the North and East are particularly affected by the lack of fuel. Across the country, more than one service station in ten encounters difficulties. In Hauts-de-France, this figure rises to 30%.
https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/actualite/fra ... 5e279c3a04
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/10/22, 11:43

Cross-border commuters travel up to 200km to go to work in Switzerland, they must be able to fill up there...
All the hypocrisy of government policy can be summed up here (end of abundance, my eye...well, I don't deny that winter will be harsh for everyone...)
For the moment there are queues but no more ruptures than usual.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 06/10/22, 12:49

If tail = rupture, unfortunately.

Where I work, it seems to me that the diesel tank(s) are around 90L, depending on the tp.

We can't leave empty, especially the SP, because of the risk of explosions, so we always keep a minima for that, and also another minima, for rescue including law enforcement, it's mandatory.. .

If we don't stick to 90L, that's roughly 000 rotations for the Go (it seems to me 3-32L liter, mixable, per truck (it's been a very long time since I've ordered fuel, in troubleshooting, during holidays) .

Roughly speaking, it's 100 km to transport the fuel, 3 rotations in the day, it's a max from max, for a trucker, it seems to me, and just for Go ....

It takes the trucks, the staff, the "jostling" to fill the TRUCKS, it may not be easy to be able to fill many more, even if there are plenty of tanks....

Are we going to a fake energy shortage of all kinds, organized, by whom?????
The answer is probably, who can benefit from it, even if the "little people" suffer from it ....

You squeeze everything well, and then you appear as a savior, temporarily putting back "at will", and so on....
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 06/10/22, 12:53

If tail = rupture, unfortunately.

Where I work, it seems to me that the diesel tank(s) are around 90L, depending on the tp.

We can't leave empty, especially the SP, because of the risk of explosions, so we always keep a minima for that, and also another minima, for rescue including law enforcement, it's mandatory.. .

If we don't stick to 90L, that's roughly 000 rotations for the Go (it seems to me 3-32L liter, mixable, per truck (it's been a very long time since I've ordered fuel, in troubleshooting, during holidays) .

Roughly speaking, it's 100 km to transport the fuel, 3 rotations in the day, it's a max from max, for a trucker, it seems to me, and just for Go ....

It takes the trucks, the staff, the "jostling" to fill the TRUCKS, it may not be easy to be able to fill many more, even if there are plenty of tanks....

Are we going to a fake energy shortage of all kinds, organized, by whom?????
The answer is probably, who can benefit from it, even if the "little people" suffer from it ....

You squeeze everything well, and then you appear as a savior, temporarily putting back "at will", and so on....
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 06/10/22, 13:02

Obamot wrote:Illusory stock reflex when it comes to a “consumable” since sooner or later we are mowed, even for EVs when the kw/h goes up!

Well, I'm going to a tempo-type subscription (a few bp), where I'm going to have red days, where the kWh will be very expensive (more than 50 cts), white, average days, and blue days, the majority, for very low prices.

On a bill of around 1500€ per year (idea), I will spend between 1100 and 1200€ per year, with the current rates.

But it will take energy, when it is not expensive. Organization is going to take some, to play the game, to consume carefree when it's cheap, and abundant, and not a lot, when there's not enough production.
Why, because I have good conditions to be able to do it. No electric heating, 2 electric cars at home, consumption of around 10 kWh per year.

Alas, the V2G projects (vehicle to grid, electric car that gives back to the network), have been slowed down, a significant part that could erase consumption peaks....
1 x