Water recovery tanks on agricultural land?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Zoe Morgane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Water recovery tanks on agricultural land?

by Zoe Morgane » 28/09/22, 11:40

Hello,

I allow myself to ask a question here even if I am not sure that you could answer.

I would like to know if I invest in agricultural land (therefore not building) if I have the right to store water recovery tanks there and if so whether or not I have the right to meter in these tank.

I'm thinking of making reserves of rainwater and grain for the pullets, even if from a use point of view, it's not super suitable, I really like this kind of tank because it's water resistant. and UV for a very affordable price. I don't think I'll store chemicals like oil or fertilizer.

I also understood that the land is classified by zone, which zone should I aim for for this type of project, if that is possible of course?

What is your opinion ?

Thank you in advance.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Water recovery tanks on agricultural land?

by Christophe » 28/09/22, 11:45

I don't really know the regulations but the storage of water, a product that is not dangerous for the environment and unless we are talking about millions of m3 (I don't think that is your case), is not regulated in my opinion...

What volume are you talking about here?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 28/09/22, 11:49

And especially the zoning in terms of town planning... I have land on which I don't even have the right to store a caravan for more than 3 months...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/09/22, 11:56

Move Macro, because obviously you're in a corner of the sea... !!! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Zoe Morgane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Zoe Morgane » 28/09/22, 12:10

Hello Christopher.

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read and especially to answer my question ;)

On the water storage side, I need 15 to 17 m2 per year, but given the climatic deterioration, I would like to store about 20m2 (To be large) during the autumn - winter season, where the rainfall is the highest. and be quiet for the year.

On the "food" storage side, I think that one or two m2 of grain should be enough to feed 3 pullets for a good while.

I wouldn't hide the fact that there is the project which may seem, admittedly completely crazy, to fit out and insulate a 4 m2 tank to make it a comfortable shelter for me. I start from the logic that if (and I say if) a storage tank is authorized on non-constructible land and I don't store toxic components there, it shouldn't pose any problems, moreover since I don't I would not install a kitchen and/or sanitary block in this tank, the destination of the latter should normally remain unchanged and therefore always be considered as a storage tank and not as a residential building.

It is certain that it is an interpretation of the legislation which could lead to legal concerns, but the "big ones" of the world do not hesitate, why would I do it?

Do not hesitate to tell me site I am on the wrong track.

Thank you in advance.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 28/09/22, 12:13

for water or grain, there should be no prohibition in rural areas.

On the other hand, avoid hard installations, there it is generally prohibited!

you flatten a corner and you put 1000 L cubitainers or well-cleaned fuel tanks (hold 2000 to 3000L) there.

for the grain, you would need a dry and well closed shelter because the rats and the waterfowl will be very interested in the food of your hens...
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/09/22, 12:14

That's not a lot of m2 volume... : Lol:
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 28/09/22, 12:15

this is where we measure the whole surface of your knowledge :P
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 28/09/22, 12:21

Diogenes...I salute you...
Two m3 of grain and 20m3 of water for three pullets....They have an appetite : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

In short, it smells of the person who wants to live off the grid who has not been able to put his tiny house on land bought at a low price in a protected or at-risk area who wants to get around the laws...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Zoe Morgane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Zoe Morgane » 28/09/22, 12:29

Hello Remundo,

Indeed I did not think of rodents for grain, I especially thought of an enclosure for foxes. it is well seen and it gives food for thought. Thanks to you.

Christophe,
concerning the quantity of water, I consume, for my vital consumption, for hygiene (of my person, clothes, kitchen cutlery and habitat, about 11 m3 per year while the average French consumes about 53 m3 so it's a lot and can at the same time if I can say. I add margins for the animals and the vegetable garden.
1 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"